• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burzan-the Leffot version I bought off B&S on this forum. AoM I got lucky. This is a nice enough make up
that I don't mind a back up pair. I only say that on this forum, where shoe addiction prevails. My wife thinks I'm
f...ing stupid crazy. If she really knew how bad it was? These do fall into unicorn territory, thus 2 pairs!

Steve

If the opportunity comes up to back up any rare fav models you gotta go for it, I would back up my whiskey LHS if the chance came around.

The beauty of 2 that are almost identical is that you only have to admit to one.

rotflmao.gif

I've been doing it all wrong this whole time trying to diversify my collection.

brandall10

Reaction score

There is a Black Walter Boot that has yet to arrive. I'm on that and it should be Black shell, brass and antique welt. That and the RydanFan are the last two I think.

Just pulling this up from a search as the last bit of discussion on the black Walter. I'm on this one too. I last chatted with Leffot about a month ago and they're pretty mum. But it's nearing 9 months since I put in my order (August 13) for a boot which was quoted to take 4-6 months. Anyone know what going on @ Alden and when I might realistically get my boot?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just pulling this up from a search as the last bit of discussion on the black Walter. I'm on this one too. I last chatted with Leffot about a month ago and they're pretty mum. But it's nearing 9 months since I put in my order (August 13) for a boot which was quoted to take 4-6 months. Anyone know what going on @ Alden and when I might realistically get my boot?

seems Alden has difficulty with black shell and antique welts. not sure why, but they mentioned there were issues and they will no longer continue to make that combo going forward. this is direct from Alden.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
More snuff suede. Plaza on commando.

Just in from my pusher.

Anyone have these?

Ravello LHS

For reference purposes Alden X Leffot Whiskey Tankers vs. AoM. I like both of them and satisfied with the color of both.
I'm wearing the Leffot version. Main differences between them is flat welt vs. Storm welt, and pull tab on the AoM.

Steve

All are looking superb! Hope that you enjoyed the day!

-Mike

ASLP

Reaction score
Hello,

As I begin my Alden collection, there are a few pairs that are at the top of my list. I would love to own a pair of whiskey shell cordovan plain toe bluchers. Unfortunately, many of the shoes/boots that are at the top of my list are not currently being made. Any tips?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding whiskey NST - which store did the run (I am guessing AoC)

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can sometime tell me a bit about shell unlined loafers? I'm interested in a pair for summer and I see a lot of photos of them here and IG.

Just wondering what last they're on and any recommendations on where to pick them up.

stevefok

Reaction score
Can sometime tell me a bit about shell unlined loafers? I'm interested in a pair for summer and I see a lot of photos of them here and IG.

Just wondering what last they're on and any recommendations on where to pick them up.

Shell unlined LHS are exclusive for Brooks brothers (except a recent run in color 2 shell made for Tassels HK) and they are on the Van last, you can find it on BB's online store.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordo...lt,pd.html?dwvar_034H_Color=BURG&contentpos=9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads