• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Reaction score

Just in from my pusher.

Seriously, can I have his (or her) number?!
1f642.png

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whiskey nst saddle blucher? details please. how old and from where? and you lucky dog you.

Very lucky, indeed. They're a one-off special order. Not in anyone's supply, unfortunately.

Would have been happy to share the news, had there been any news to share.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RevisIsland

Reaction score

What's in the box...?

I doubt it is anyone's grail, but as someone who wears a suit 70 hours a week - I'm excited to add a new exotic dress shoe to my list. Last pair in DC's inventory and apparently had been sitting there for over a year. Details and pictures to follow...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Here's what I suggest (what I did):

1. Get on as many waiting lists as possible
2. Buy non-exotic offerings from retailers to build a rapport
3. Wait a long time
4. Get frustrated when you see the constant posts of exotics in this thread
5. Drink heavily due to said frustration
6. Get a pair of C&J MTO in whiskey to tide you over
7. Still don't be satisfied
8. Be jealous of mdubs, try to dislike him out of jealousy but realize he's a really nice guy
9. Drink more and wonder how there are new exotics posted here weekly
@ScarsdaleVibe 's post inspired me to cross-post my list on the warning signs of being a shoe-holic.

Are you a Shoe-holic?

I know more than one of us have admitted to hiding shoes at work to keep the wife in the dark or having new shoes delivered to some address other than our home. Others of us have braved the situation only to be confronted by accusations of being a shoe-holic. But perhaps some of us do have a problem in this area. To that end, I completed this handy "10 warning signs of having a shoe problem" to see where I personally stand against such accusations.

Lying About or Hiding Your New Shoes - Yep! Pretty common in my life.

Buying new shoes to Relax or Feel Better - Guilty.

“Blacking Out” Regularly - Yes, this occurs. Have you ever purchased a pair of shoes only to later realize you already owned this style and returned it for a refund? Yeah, me too.

Being Unable to Stop Once You Start - Does over 20 pairs in one year count as being unable to stop?

Wearing shoes in Dangerous Situations - Suede on a rainy day. What was I thinking?

Neglecting Your Responsibilities - Well, yes, according to my wife.

Having Trouble in Your Relationships - See above.

Being Able to Buy More Shoes Than You Used To - Hell yeah, just watch me go.

Experiencing Withdrawal from Your Shoes - I have avoided this by buying a larger suitcase.

Trying to Quit Buying Shoes but Being Unable to - I don't know. I haven't tried to quit.

Looks like everything is A OK in my world. How about yours?

gsgleason

Reaction score
My Whiskey Wednesday contribution.

I picked these LWBs several years ago from another member who got them from Madison Ave. They were originally very pale, which at the time I did not like. I slathered them in dark brown cordovan creme which made the broguing and stitching darker, and turned the whole thing into a new shade.

Now I wished I had just let them be.

They're also a bit narrow. They are a C width whereas I need a D, but a slightly small Whiskey LWB is better than none at all.

I will probably try to get on some lists for some replacements in a D width.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Choco suede 6-eye
0e67d3e655cdf9d41e67eb367e92d65d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahonobaka

Reaction score
Very handsome makeups there Epaulet...Unfortunately I've just bought a pair but here's hoping my size sticks around for a while longer :)

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see new people getting into Alden shoes. It can be a frustrating journey getting the shoe you want (especially in the rare shades) but patience wins out. Some of us have been buying Alden shoes for a long time and can remember the "glory" days of walking into Madison and having rare shell galore staring back, unfortunately times change and demand is high. The best advice I can give you is to read the thread daily and don't be afraid to make some calls. Both will yield excellent results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads