• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvaments

Reaction score
These look fabulous! Are they on Barrie? Your welt-edge looks darker than mine, and your shade of cigar is lighter... I love it!
On grant. Thanks, just a few wears, sunlight, and some good brushing.

i will wear my aom cigar captoe boots this week, i'll pretend they're this shade.
Haha. Thanks!

marvaments

Reaction score
Never had anything in Hunter Green suede. These are from Yenni from Brick and Mortar. Longwings on Barrie with a flex sole. Super comfortable. Easy to pair casual or dressed up. I believe she has a reorder coming in July.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Snuff suede LWBs. On Leydon.

gatszu

Reaction score
@mdubs who knows, after a ride like that, we might be the bestest of friends!
1f61c.png

larryr

Reaction score
Never had anything in Hunter Green suede. These are from Yenni from Brick and Mortar. Longwings on Barrie with a flex sole. Super comfortable. Easy to pair casual or dressed up. I believe she has a reorder coming in July.
Great looking shoe, have a pair on order. Have an Indy pair in Hunter Green, the color is great.

stevefok

Reaction score

Looking good as always, Marv! I have the same model and I agree that they are fantastic! Wear them in good health!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Stellar Marv! Those LWBs are superb.
Snuff suede LWBs. On Leydon.
Super cool Zippy! Not common to see the Leydon LWBs. I know Mike at EP has done them in Natty CXL. Haven't seen these before. Super cool!
@mdubs who knows, after a ride like that, we might be the bestest of friends!
1f61c.png
Ha! Yes, in general after a trek like that you will love or hate one another. Haha. :)
I couldn't go too long with them hammered. This smooth chamois is relatively impervious.
Both are looking great BK! Have a very Indy day!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inboxed the AoM Whiskey shell tankers. I like the color which is slightly darker than the whiskey from a few years ago. It's very vibrant and Carmel like which should age well. I like the pull tab on the back of the boot too.
Steve

great find Steve. rare bird indeed. nice to know the aom model has pull tabs.
Stunning!

Steve

Aw, c'mon MrDV, that just ain't fair.

DV, your plaza cigar WT boots are out this world!!

Arrival of another unicorn! Your new whiskey tankers looks absolutely amazing!!

Nice cigars, gents.

Steve, your new Tankers are looking superb. I hope that you enjoy them in good health!
Those Cigars are just stunning D! I hope that they took good care of you today!
Ha! I hope that she has a good time and has some time to enjoy it! I think you are better off that it isn't a real store!
Sounds like a good strategy! There are a few of us SD Aldenites.
Ha! No offense, but that's a long drive with someone you don't really know! ;-)
Very nice looking Cigars! Hah. Hope that you had good weather!
Looking good BK! Looks well loved!
Your Leffot Boots are looking absolutely stellar!
No Pitt boots here. Not looking too shabby in them Cigars.

-Mike

thanks for the kind words gentlemen. i love them cigars.
Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Navy Argyles. Epaulet x Southwick Navy Check Barberis Suit. Flowers x Marriott.

-M
sweet tassels... those pants steal the show. just awesome.

very nice green suede. i'm convincing myself i don't want a pair.

gatszu

Reaction score
@mdubs for me, it's usually after a 1-week humanitarian mission that I'll either love or hate someone! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads