• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice clean up bk. that before shot looks straight from the walking dead set
Thanks, DV. That's a great analogy.

Just a damp cloth and brushing?
Actually, since it is the smooth chamois, I went and bought two kitchen scrub brushes.I brushed them dry with the firmer one to remove the heavy mud. Then I used a damp slightly softer scrub brush to even the color. then I let them dry. Done and Done.

Last edited:

Profligate47

Reaction score
Ravello LHS

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never had anything in Hunter Green suede. These are from Yenni from Brick and Mortar. Longwings on Barrie with a flex sole. Super comfortable. Easy to pair casual or dressed up. I believe she has a reorder coming in July.
I love everything about this! The bag, shoes, pants, socks. Everything very well done, congrats! I'm in on the BM green LWB restock, and can't wait to get my pair.

totalair1

Reaction score
For reference purposes Alden X Leffot Whiskey Tankers vs. AoM. I like both of them and satisfied with the color of both.
I'm wearing the Leffot version. Main differences between them is flat welt vs. Storm welt, and pull tab on the AoM.

Steve

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reference purposes Alden X Leffot Whiskey Tankers vs. AoM. I like both of them and satisfied with the color of both.
I'm wearing the Leffot version. Main differences between them is flat welt vs. Storm welt, and pull tab on the AoM.

Steve

Hard enough to catch one unicorn and here you are showing off twins lol

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Navy Argyles. Epaulet x Southwick Navy Check Barberis Suit. Flowers x Marriott.

-M

Wow - what a combo, Mike.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never had anything in Hunter Green suede. These are from Yenni from Brick and Mortar. Longwings on Barrie with a flex sole. Super comfortable. Easy to pair casual or dressed up. I believe she has a reorder coming in July.
Snuff suede LWBs. On Leydon.
Well done!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need another pair of whiskey tankers.

Good show @totalair1

totalair1

Reaction score
Hard enough to catch one unicorn and here you are showing off twins lol

Burzan-the Leffot version I bought off B&S on this forum. AoM I got lucky. This is a nice enough make up
that I don't mind a back up pair. I only say that on this forum, where shoe addiction prevails. My wife thinks I'm
f...ing stupid crazy. If she really knew how bad it was? These do fall into unicorn territory, thus 2 pairs!

Steve

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burzan-the Leffot version I bought off B&S on this forum. AoM I got lucky. This is a nice enough make up
that I don't mind a back up pair. I only say that on this forum, where shoe addiction prevails. My wife thinks I'm
f...ing stupid crazy. If she really knew how bad it was? These do fall into unicorn territory, thus 2 pairs!

Steve
The beauty of 2 that are almost identical is that you only have to admit to one.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steve

something old sneakerheads would do. doubling up on some hot kicks.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help! In between Suede and Chromexcel Tassel makeup's .. then there's that damn Navy LHS Chromexel.. Being out here in the intense heat, a little reluctant on the Chromexcel.. the Navy is unlined but both Tassel's are lined. Looking for casual cool comfort. Never have had Chromexel before and do understand Suede is cool wearing. Also, if this Chromexel is thick, hot, and wrinkly.. I'll pass and jump on an unlined Shell.. Thanks thread regulars.. Chip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads