• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing is a bit all over the place among those.
I think Loopwheeler changed its sizing at one point in time.
I'd say it's a "small medium".
Thanks, assumed based on the sizing of everything else it'd be too small for me

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being into one brand has always been my dream but I always drift between similar brands and obviously a lot of vintage. It's hard to find a brand that hits perfectly all that I want.

Especially now in Kyoto where I spend more time on a bike than walking. I hike all the time, climb whatever. So although I probably should do gorp core, I still like repro and vintage too much to go gorp.

Also I posted this in the Kapital thread, but recently I've been thinking bout trying to proxy for people so I can buy vicariously through others. It would be a fee but if anyone is interested for things PM me!
I’m currently emailing with a store in obihiro that has an online store but it isn’t setup to bill/ship overseas

They’re trying to find a way to make it happen and so far it looks promising, but if things don’t work out I might hit you up for a proxy

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m currently emailing with a store in obihiro that has an online store but it isn’t setup to bill/ship overseas

They’re trying to find a way to make it happen and so far it looks promising, but if things don’t work out I might hit you up for a proxy

Let me know! I'm happy to help, I mostly just want to shop vicariously for people and make a little bit of USD. I definitely won't gouge ya unless I gotta travel real far to grab it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me know! I'm happy to help, I mostly just want to shop vicariously for people and make a little bit of USD. I definitely won't gouge ya unless I gotta travel real far to grab it.
Can obviously take to DMs, but are you really only interested in Kapital bc it's close to where you live?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah it’s all online and would get delivered to you, but yeah it’s not kapital

Got any references here who could vouch for you?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah it’s all online and would get delivered to you, but yeah it’s not kapital

Got any references here who could vouch for you?
I've chatted online/IG with @peachfuzzmcgee for quite some time now and met up with him last year in Osaka where he showed me around to some spots I wasn't familiar with. Hoping to hang again when I go to Japan this year. He's good people!

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selemorra