• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gatszu

Reaction score
We now have 11 interests for the bitter chocolate suede PTB GMTO and only need a couple of more to make sure we meet 12. For $199 this is a no brainer guys!

@gatszu , @polojock615 , gl@GOP Shoe Guy , and @halfnhalfnhalf , @Skatenc123 ? Let's do this!

Thanks @watchidiot , but I ordered 5 pairs during the trunk show. Way over my shoes budget for the time being.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Crosspost from the AE Appreciation Thread:

Some of the special Black Friday styles are hidden under the Online Exclusives section:

Eagle River (basically the Eagle County with a lug sole):

The teak Long Branch that has been showing up lately on the shoebank:

The McClain has been resurrected in a brown "polished" leather:

AndyC

Reaction score
I didn't realize the GMTO deal was no SMU fee for 12. That's tremendous.

11 of you want to save me some cash and get in on the Tan Dublin Long Branches?? I have been given the go-ahead to place my order while the LB sale is on.

bad photoshop:

Imagine that leather looks more like:

Tan Dublin Leather
Vibram mini-lug sole (with leather mid sole)
Split reverse welt in natural, natural stitchihng, edge dressing, etc.

I did have a question for you all regarding linings. Is the independence lining simply a switch to lambskin and limited to a single color or is there more to it? What is the standard lining?

I'm in on this as well. Here's the list so far. Please add your name if I missed you.

@mry8s
@jubu
@dbacr
@FatTuesday
@AndyC

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in on this as well. Here's the list so far. Please add your name if I missed you.

@mry8s
@jubu
@dbacr
@FatTuesday
@AndyC

@mry8s
@jubu
@dbacr
@FatTuesday
@AndyC
@CanadaCal (assuming sale price and fee waived)

mry8s

Reaction score
I just re-read my post and wanted to ensure some clarity here.

I have been given the go-ahead by my wife to place an order for the sale+smu price. I haven't spoken to AE about a GMTO for this combination. I have no idea how that works and no doubt they are not open today. I sent @watchidiot a message to learn more.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just re-read my post and wanted to ensure some clarity here.

I have been given the go-ahead by my wife to place an order for the sale+smu price. I haven't spoken to AE about a GMTO for this combination. I have no idea how that works and no doubt they are not open today. I sent @watchidiot
 a message to learn more. 

No turning back now! We're building momentum! :D

mry8s

Reaction score
No turning back now! We're building momentum!
biggrin.gif
well if that is the case, then I have no choice.

I suppose I should nail down all remaining details sooner rather than later then.
I am struggling to discover the specifics of things beyond what's in the AE style guide and the first post of this thread.

I'm thinking eyelets can be the same as the non-black LBs (Is that antiqued brass?)
Interior lining will be a natural/neutral color. Preferably lambskin (Independence?)
Honestly, I'd be happy if they duplicated the above used on the dark brown grain LB.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DUDES!!!!!

$259 Eagle River = Eagle County GMTO round 2!!!

As long as Allison oks it. I remember last year she said no MTOs on Black Friday exclusive styles.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for not being clear, I was referring to the PTB

Ok folks, it appears we have at least 12 interested people in the bitter choco suede 5 lasted PTB. The problem is 2 will be out if we went with the light welt and edge dressing. On the other hand, 2 will be out if we went with a darker edge dressing.

So it's either we get 2 more folks to join in on the light details or 2 more to join in on the darker details. OR better yet, someone gives way and joins in on the lighter or darker details that way I can already get the ball rolling with Allison.

Here's the spec and list of expressed interest.

Here is the proposed GMTO specs
Base model: Badlands, 5 lasted PTB
Bitter choc suede
Ok so here's where we are now on the Badlands GMTO ($199)
- bitter chocolate suede
- brass eyelets
- laces: brown or tan/alabaster laces, w/ preference for brown
- slip bead: brown or tan with preference for brown
- Buff split reverse welt (or chili split reverse welt)
- tan ink edge dressing (or medium brown edge dressing if welt is chili)
- currently at vtread tap sole with leather midsole (open to mini lug tap sole with leather midsole or double butyl sole, no to red Dainite)

Bitter suede PTB badlands GMTO
- @watchidiot
- @frankmartin - interested
- @NWTeal - no Dainite. Prefer brown laces and slip bead
- @peppercorn78 - No Dainite. Prefer darker edge trim and slip bead.
- @alexdell
- @fairlynerdy - Only buff welt and lighter edge trim.
- @random-adam - No to leather soles
- @YoungSweet
- @FistofFurySC - prefer vtread tap soles
- @Don L - prefer mini lug with leather midsole. Is a vtread a deal breaker as that appear to be a good middleground for everyone?
- @ironfist1906
- @Kahuna75 - only casual

Come on guys, this is another one of those shoes that will leave you with non buyers if you pass this up at $199.

Last edited:

jubu

Reaction score

DUDES!!!!!

$259 Eagle River = Eagle County GMTO round 2!!!

As long as Allison oks it. I remember last year she said no MTOs on Black Friday exclusive styles.

!!!!! How are you thinking of configuring this @peppercorn78 ? Oh man oh man....if this gets the OK this could get serious! Please keep us posted!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

!!!!! How are you thinking of configuring this @peppercorn78 ? Oh man oh man....if this gets the OK this could get serious! Please keep us posted!

I dunno...however!

Chili grain calf
Brown grain calf
Bourbon calf
Walnut calf
Dark choco calf
Oxblood calf
Choco suede
Olive suede

Any of these.

Hell, even russet or cognac Dublin.

V tap or dainite with leather midsole or double butyl sole.

Any eyelet/speed hook combo.

jubu

Reaction score
At the risk of getting too excited...Oxblood calf with dainite & leather midsole would be amazing...

I dunno...however!

Chili grain calf
Brown grain calf
Bourbon calf
Walnut calf
Dark choco calf
Oxblood calf
Choco suede
Olive suede

Any of these.

Hell, even russet or cognac Dublin.

V tap or dainite with leather midsole or double butyl sole.

Any eyelet/speed hook combo.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member