• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
Ok folks the "casual" bitter suede PTB has hit 12. Here are the specs that I will submit to Allison.

Here is the proposed GMTO specs
Base model: Badlands, 5 lasted PTB
- bitter chocolate suede with contrast (tan/alabaster) stitching
- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- Buff split reverse welt
- tan ink edge dressing
- vtread tap sole OR minilug tap sole. Both with leather midsole.

I've excluded full rubber soles as this will make a very striped and contrasting black/tan sole.

Here's a list of people who have expressed interest. Please quote this message and state whether you are in or out and which sole you prefer between vtread tap sole or mini lug tap sole. They almost look the same aesthetically with the vtread being a little less obvious. Please drop me a PM with your email that I will copy to Allison.

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

We have 2 guys who were in if it was the more "dressy" look. Please confirm if you are out if it was the above make up.
1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

Come on guys, this is another one of those shoes that will leave you with non buyers if you pass this up at $199.

I'm in. A Vtread would be preferable, but I can make due with a mini-lug also.

I'm also interested in a potential Eagle County MTO, if that ever comes to pass.

jubu

Reaction score

I'd be interested in a pair (maybe 2--for my wife also) of an EC makeup. 

What about Chili leather, leather midsole, dainite sole?

Sizing-wise--what do folks do with these? I'm an 8.5 on the 5 last; got the Bleeker Streets in 8.5 which are a little snug side to side with boot socks, but are stretching. Go to an 8 E? 8.5E?

This sounds just like something I'd be interested in...please keep us posted!

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok folks the "casual" bitter suede PTB has hit 12. Here are the specs that I will submit to Allison.

- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- tan ink edge dressing

I've excluded full rubber soles as this will make a very striped and contrasting black/tan sole.

Here's a list of people who have expressed interest. Please quote this message and state whether you are in or out and which sole you prefer between vtread tap sole or mini lug tap sole. They almost look the same aesthetically with the vtread being a little less obvious. Please drop me a PM with your email that I will copy to Allison.

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

We have 2 guys who were in if it was the more "dressy" look. Please confirm if you are out if it was the above make up.
1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

Come on guys, this is another one of those shoes that will leave you with non buyers if you pass this up at $199.

@wi: I'm in. Vtread or mini lug works for me so whatever the majority picks is ok for me.
What he said. Sounds good; thanks for organizing it so quickly!

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- tan ink edge dressing

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

I'm in and am cool with either sole. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the vtread.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

!!!!! How are you thinking of configuring this @peppercorn78 ? Oh man oh man....if this gets the OK this could get serious! Please keep us posted!

At the risk of getting too excited...Oxblood calf with dainite & leather midsole would be amazing...

For the Eagle County..
:D I'll be interested..Have seen too many good MTOs of Eagle county here and was thinking of doing the MTO myself.. this looks like a good opportunity..

I'm interested. Please keep us updated. Preferably some dark colors.

I would consider Olive suede or CXL. What about suede quarters with a calf vamp?

I would also be interested in suede. Olive, bitter chocolate, or snuff.

I'd be in for a an olive suede or navy suede shafted with bobs chili vamp or walnut vamp.

I'd be interested in a pair (maybe 2--for my wife also) of an EC makeup. 

What about Chili leather, leather midsole, dainite sole?

Sizing-wise--what do folks do with these? I'm an 8.5 on the 5 last; got the Bleeker Streets in 8.5 which are a little snug side to side with boot socks, but are stretching. Go to an 8 E? 8.5E?

Ok, here are two options, as it seems like there is some interest.

Eagle River brogue suede (between snuff and bitter choco in shade)
Dark brown Flat welt with medium transparent brown edge
V-Tread solo with leather midsole (or double butyl)
Blind eyelets

Eagle River olive suede
Chili split reverse welt w light brown transparent edge
V-Tread tap sole w leather midsole
Brass exposed eyelets with three speed hooks and top eyelet.
Tan laces

Eagle River oxblood calf
Flag black welt with black edge dressing
Double butyl sole
Black exposed eyelets with 3 speed hooks and top eyelet.

Thoughts? Who's in???

@peppercorn78
@jubu
@gabru
@chengzombri
@rostov
@watchidiot
@sladejw
@cicero79

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
Ok, here are two options, as it seems like there is some interest.

Eagle River brogue suede (between snuff and bitter choco in shade)
Dark brown Flat welt with medium transparent brown edge
V-Tread solo with leather midsole (or double butyl)
Blind eyelets

Eagle River olive suede
Chili split reverse welt w light brown transparent edge
V-Tread tap sole w leather midsole
Brass exposed eyelets with three speed hooks and top eyelet.
Tan laces

Eagle River oxblood calf
Flag black welt with black edge dressing
Double butyl sole
Black exposed eyelets with 3 speed hooks and top eyelet.

Thoughts? Who's in???

I think all three sound great. I'd be open to a mini-lug. A oxblood, chili, or merlot would fill a need in my wardrobe, so I have a strong preference toward that over suede.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm disinclined towards chili, as I already own chili shaker heights and regent streets.

But open for any other color (not navy) of calf or grain.

Let's see where we are in the morning, and then I'll give Allison a call. We're due to talk about my returned Kenilworths anyway. If the Eagle River is even possible, we may have enough interest for more than one makeup.

Last edited:

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
Yeah, count me in for an Eagle River GMTO also. Any of the darker calf or grains would work for me, sans navy. The only suede option I'd go for would be a snuff. I'm good with any of the Dainite, mini-lug, V tread options.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vidaliaJule