• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mry8s

Reaction score
I went ahead and made a google docs form for the Tan Dublin Long Branch GMTO. If you're interested, this needs to happen fast while the sale is on.

I will get in touch with Allison tomorrow to verify this is possible. Presumably we have until Sunday to commit.

https://docs.google.com/a/y8s.com/forms/d/1cQu1kLqMi1q9lqpA35oBxY2KzK-CcPLwlPACmVMj76Y/viewform

I added the make-up description to the form.

Please fill in your details. I will periodically update this thread with the list of names. If you pull out, update the form entry or simply enter again and add "No longer interested" to your name field.

Current list:
@mry8s
@jubu
@dbacr
@FatTuesday
@AndyC
@CanadaCal (assuming sale price and fee waived)

Thanks everyone!

Matt

Last edited:

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Eagle County..
biggrin.gif
I'll be interested..Have seen too many good MTOs of Eagle county here and was thinking of doing the MTO myself.. this looks like a good opportunity..

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re- LB gmto

I added 3 LBs during this sale already, but this build looks great.

Independence lining is brown with no color options.

from the listing:
-----------------------------Lining/Color: Independence Lining if possible, natural.

Last edited:

modernize

Reaction score
I'm interested in the suede PTB with a lighter welt. I prefer black dainite with leather midsole but mini lug with leather midsole or double butyl sounds okay as well.

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
!!!!! How are you thinking of configuring this @peppercorn78 ? Oh man oh man....if this gets the OK this could get serious! Please keep us posted!

I dunno...however!

Chili grain calf
Brown grain calf
Bourbon calf
Walnut calf
Dark choco calf
Oxblood calf
Choco suede
Olive suede

Any of these.

Hell, even russet or cognac Dublin.

V tap or dainite with leather midsole or double butyl sole.

Any eyelet/speed hook combo.

I would consider Olive suede or CXL. What about suede quarters with a calf vamp?

sladejw

Reaction score
I'd be interested in a pair (maybe 2--for my wife also) of an EC makeup.

What about Chili leather, leather midsole, dainite sole?

Sizing-wise--what do folks do with these? I'm an 8.5 on the 5 last; got the Bleeker Streets in 8.5 which are a little snug side to side with boot socks, but are stretching. Go to an 8 E? 8.5E?

rostov

Reaction score

Sizing-wise--what do folks do with these? I'm an 8.5 on the 5 last; got the Bleeker Streets in 8.5 which are a little snug side to side with boot socks, but are stretching. Go to an 8 E? 8.5E?

[/latter These are narrow. Go up a width or half a size. I have a boot on this last fitted TTS and a pair half a size longer, and the latter has become the most comfortable shoe in my collection.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok folks the "casual" bitter suede PTB has hit 12. Here are the specs that I will submit to Allison.

Here is the proposed GMTO specs
Base model: Badlands, 5 lasted PTB
- bitter chocolate suede with contrast (tan/alabaster) stitching
- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- Buff split reverse welt
- tan ink edge dressing
- vtread tap sole OR minilug tap sole. Both with leather midsole.

I've excluded full rubber soles as this will make a very striped and contrasting black/tan sole.

Here's a list of people who have expressed interest. Please quote this message and state whether you are in or out and which sole you prefer between vtread tap sole or mini lug tap sole. They almost look the same aesthetically with the vtread being a little less obvious. Please drop me a PM with your email that I will copy to Allison.

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

We have 2 guys who were in if it was the more "dressy" look. Please confirm if you are out if it was the above make up.
1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

Come on guys, this is another one of those shoes that will leave you with non buyers if you pass this up at $199.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok folks the "casual" bitter suede PTB has hit 12. Here are the specs that I will submit to Allison.

- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- tan ink edge dressing

I've excluded full rubber soles as this will make a very striped and contrasting black/tan sole.

Here's a list of people who have expressed interest. Please quote this message and state whether you are in or out and which sole you prefer between vtread tap sole or mini lug tap sole. They almost look the same aesthetically with the vtread being a little less obvious. Please drop me a PM with your email that I will copy to Allison.

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

We have 2 guys who were in if it was the more "dressy" look. Please confirm if you are out if it was the above make up.
1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

Come on guys, this is another one of those shoes that will leave you with non buyers if you pass this up at $199.

Hmmm. With the casual contrast details, the lighter slip beading makes more sense. If we can't get 12 for the Eagle River (or can't do it at all), then I'll join.

jocs

Reaction score

- brass eyelets
- brown laces
- brown slip bead
- tan ink edge dressing

Here's the list.
1. @watchidiot
2. @frankmartin
3. @NWTeal
4. @alexdell
5. @fairlynerdy
6. @random-adam
7. @YoungSweet
8. @FistofFurySC
9.@Don L
10. @modernize
11. @Kahuna75
12. @jocs

1. @peppercorn78
2. @ironfist1906

@wi: I'm in. Vtread or mini lug works for me so whatever the majority picks is ok for me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vidaliaJule