• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I'm attending a festive semi-formal event later this week.

Would olive PAs go with a navy suit? Or am I better off sticking with a color like charcoal or brown?
Are you asking for the suit to match the shoes or the shoes to match the suit? I'm assuming charcoal and brown are other colors for your suits?

Can you also help define "festive"? Is it like a Halloween party or like Holiday/Christmas Party?

Kevin24

Reaction score
Are you asking for the suit to match the shoes or the shoes to match the suit? I'm assuming charcoal and brown are other colors for your suits?

Can you also help define "festive"? Is it like a Halloween party or like Holiday/Christmas Party?

Sorry for not defining, but yes, suit colors to match with olive shoes.

It's a Halloween Party! :)

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for not defining, but yes, suit colors to match with olive shoes.

It's a Halloween Party! :)
I think the brown suit and olive PA with some creative yet subtle festive tie would be nice! My thinking could be influenced by the fact that I'm watching the Ravens/Browns game on TV. Lol!

If people are going to wear costumes, that would be a nice way to add some fun into your outfit, but still looking sharp. Olive PA are up there in my eyes along with the Navy PA for non-traditional colors that look really tasteful on that profile. I know @ProfilaBinding has both and may be able to comment on how he pairs his shoes with his attire.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I think the brown suit and olive PA with some creative yet subtle festive tie would be nice! My thinking could be influenced by the fact that I'm watching the Ravens/Browns game on TV. Lol!

If people are going to wear costumes, that would be a nice way to add some fun into your outfit, but still looking sharp. Olive PA are up there in my eyes along with the Navy PA for non-traditional colors that look really tasteful on that profile. I know @ProfilaBinding has both and may be able to comment on how he pairs his shoes with his attire.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to see if I can still fit into my brown suit lol.

Honestly, it seems like the AE olive PA could pair well with anything, as, in my opinion, it's actually a pretty conservative shoe when you see it in person.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would olive PAs go with a navy suit? Or am I better off sticking with a color like charcoal or brown?
I think Olive PA’s would go fine with a navy suit. I think that color of olive is a pretty dark green. I will post different colors with navyish pants

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think any of these go well.
IMG_9526.jpeg
IMG_9525.jpeg
IMG_9524.jpeg
IMG_9520.jpeg

These Dylan’s in the middle two picks should be close to your olive. My granddaughter thinks green Shell looks best.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member