• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the lapels are bowing, which is a sign of a too tight chest. Also looks a tad short, but that's a personal preference, and something I know about if you look at my Havana posts above. But the shoulders look to be sitting where they should, and the body looks decent.

This is why you should always order multiple sizes and take advantage of their free returns.

holyace2k2

Reaction score
It looks like the lapels are bowing, which is a sign of a too tight chest. Also looks a tad short, but that's a personal preference, and something I know about if you look at my Havana posts above. But the shoulders look to be sitting where they should, and the body looks decent.

This is why you should always order multiple sizes and take advantage of their free returns.
Thanks for the reply CousinDonuts! Yeah I should have ordered both sizes!

Yeah the lapels do bow, first thing I noticed when I put it on, and that's why I was thinking about sizing up. Can a tailor fix that with this size? Or would that be too much work? Should I try sizing up instead? Would it be easier to work with something bigger than something smaller for tailors?

I did just read this about lapels (so I guess it would be tough for them to try to fix that): If it doesn’t fit, you should: avoid buying the jacket. Altering the lapel of a jacket is possible, however it will require your tailor to alter the side-seams of your jacket which will change the way the midsection of the jacket sits on your body. This will also ruin the natural design of patterned fabrics, particularly pinstripes, as they will no longer sit vertically along your body if the sides are altered. Avoid this at all costs.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might post this in the tailor's feedback thread. What also doesn't help the problem is the higher buttoning point. You may be better off with the larger size and nipping the waist and hips, but make sure the shoulders aren't too big.

holyace2k2

Reaction score
Thanks CousinDonuts! I will post it there and ask. I have heard the shoulders are the most important part.

Now just need to find the tailoring forum :p

Last edited:

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never had that kind of problem with them.  I hope you've called to ask what's up?

yeah, i'm planning on calling them tomorrow
the weird part was that they never bothered to follow up with me on that return but when I asked them directly about it via e-mail they said that they had it and they were planning on refunding me on july 1st...

very weird situation imo.

sdedalus1

Reaction score

Does anyone know how the copenhagen jackets fit? Their Havana 38S fits me great. Should I get a 38R or even a 40R for the copenhagen fit since the copenhagen seems shorter and a lot slimmer at the wait? 

As usual, I think it varies a lot even within model ranges. I tried on a discontinued linen or linen/cotton copenhagen (34r) in the spring and it was very slim and relatively short. I then ordered a blue linen copenhagen in the same size (34r) when that came out late spring/early summer, and it was a bit longer (fit like a regular) and a fuller fit (I had to have it taken in in a few places). I didn't compare it directly against a havana, but having tried on one or two havanas in the store earlier, from memory I'd say the fit was pretty similar. YMMV. and beware judging the length from the shots of the models on the website: they must often use pretty tall dudes and style them so the jackets look short...

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Anyone know when the F/W stuff is going to start appearing on the webstore? I want to pick up a couple of washingtons, but am not particularly enamoured with the current offerings.

atoms

Reaction score
Anyone know when the F/W stuff is going to start appearing on the webstore? I want to pick up a couple of washingtons, but am not particularly enamoured with the current offerings.
I'm curious too. The salesperson made it sound like not long from now.

Danno

Reaction score
I actually spoke to them yesterday about this. They said previews of the new collection are being released July 22, and it would be available online on August 12

Keal19

Reaction score
Not sure if Timotune was able to make it to the outlet today? I'm still planning my trip there, currently scheduled for thurs/friday. PM me any size requests, otherwise I will just buy what I consider to be common sizes and popular cuts/colours and put them up for sale on the B/S thread or on ebay.

Keal19

Reaction score
Just a quick update, I've had loads of PMs about picking stuff up from the outlet for them. The trip is now planned for Monday and posting items out on Tuesday or Wednesday, so there's a bit more time for you to place your proxy requests!

js0930

Reaction score
Just visited Suit Supply in NYC. Thought I'd give a quick report. I'm about 5'8" or 5'9", 160 pounds. The salesman originally tried to put me in a 38R, which was gigantic and clearly wasn't going to work. Then he switched to a 36R in the Napoli cut, which really fit perfectly. The only alterations necessary were taking up the sleeves a quarter to half an inch, letting out the trousers about the same and hemming the trousers, of course. Anyway, I was sold. Had to meet a friend for cocktails, so didn't buy the suit at that time, but for $469 plus maybe $50 in tailoring it seemed like an absolute steal. My girl was with me and she just wanted me to buy it immediately.

So, first suit, probably going to be used for a lot of job interviews. Navy or gray?

Kroaker

Reaction score
Just visited Suit Supply in NYC. Thought I'd give a quick report. I'm about 5'8" or 5'9", 160 pounds. The salesman originally tried to put me in a 38R, which was gigantic and clearly wasn't going to work. Then he switched to a 36R in the Napoli cut, which really fit perfectly. The only alterations necessary were taking up the sleeves a quarter to half an inch, letting out the trousers about the same and hemming the trousers, of course. Anyway, I was sold. Had to meet a friend for cocktails, so didn't buy the suit at that time, but for $469 plus maybe $50 in tailoring it seemed like an absolute steal. My girl was with me and she just wanted me to buy it immediately.

So, first suit, probably going to be used for a lot of job interviews. Navy or gray?
It is a very nice suit, especially if it fits you like you are saying. Can't go wrong with either navy or gray, but if I had to choose, I'd start with a darker gray.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads