• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lierre

Reaction score
Bump for opinions. I need to lengthen the sleeves, so should I add another button, or just have some extra room between the first button and the end of the sleeve? Any other major problems with fit?

Also, will the fall/winter collection probably have darker, more conservative choices than the spring/summer collection?

atoms

Reaction score
  • lierre, that's a tough call. IMHO, if it were 1/4" I wouldn't even question it. But it looks like you may good 1/2" (or more?). If you're the kind of person who wears their pants with no break, then it's probably okay to lengthen the sleeves the minimum amount and forgo any button hole changes. It might also work well if you have some shirts slightly short in the sleeve. Otherwise, you may just have to pass on it.

Last edited:

aizan

Reaction score
i'm thinking of getting the napoli, but their website doesn't say what the front rise on the trousers is. could anyone tell me where the waistband hits? across the navel or lower? tia.

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score
I know a few of you were wondering about the tuxes. I picked up the midnight blue shawl collar a few days ago. Haven't taken it to my tailor yet but I can post pics if you are curious.

They offer a new "blue" shawl collar, be warned the new blue shawl tux is BLUE. Not midnight. If you are looking for midnight call the stores and order from a person, not via computer.

The blue is very BLUE, I wear some pretty loud stuff and even I was a bit surprised...

Anyways just wanted to chime in, hadn't been on the site for a while, figured I would comment...

tdude

Reaction score
Timo if there are some incredibly cheap 44 jackets or those that have at least 19" in the shoulders and your willing to send them to Mexico, please let me know.
smile.gif
Or Texas! (Sorry to jump on you Betel)

GradSchooler

Reaction score

I know a few of you were wondering about the tuxes. I picked up the midnight blue shawl collar a few days ago. Haven't taken it to my tailor yet but I can post pics if you are curious.

They offer a new "blue" shawl collar, be warned the new blue shawl tux is BLUE. Not midnight. If you are looking for midnight call the stores and order from a person, not via computer.

The blue is very BLUE, I wear some pretty loud stuff and even I was a bit surprised...

Anyways just wanted to chime in, hadn't been on the site for a while, figured I would comment...

I'd be curious in seeing pics of the midnight blue tux.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with SuitSupply, but I know that it's often recommended on SF. From the company site, I saw that one line is fully-canvassed. Does anyone have any evidence that the others are half-canvassed, or is that a forum fact?

Last edited:

pleco

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with SuitSupply, but I know that it's often recommended on SF. From the company site, I saw that one line is fully-canvassed. Does anyone have any evidence that the others are half-canvassed, or is that a forum fact?

The La Spalla, once known as the Jort, is the only SS RTW line that is fully canvassed. Their MTM offerings are fully canvassed and start at a lower cost than the full priced Jort. I would recommend going with MTM unless you happen to fit the La Spalla cut. It appears to be best suited for someone with a big chest/small waist. MTM will get you a better result in the majority of cases.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The La Spalla, once known as the Jort, is the only SS RTW line that is fully canvassed. Their MTM offerings are fully canvassed and start at a lower cost than the full priced Jort. I would recommend going with MTM unless you happen to fit the La Spalla cut. It appears to be best suited for someone with a big chest/small waist. MTM will get you a better result in the majority of cases.
Thanks for the information. How about the other rtw suits? Do you have any sources that say that they're half-canvassed? I recall someone here making that claim.

pleco

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. How about the other rtw suits? Do you have any sources that say that they're half-canvassed? I recall someone here making that claim.
I've asked in the London stores. The assistants all concur and I believe the forum does too. If you email their customer service, I can all but guarantee you they will say the same as well.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've asked in the London stores. The assistants all concur and I believe the forum does too. If you email their customer service, I can all but guarantee you they will say the same as well.
All my ss stuff is half-canvassed. Just do the pinch test and find out for yourself.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prostadineonline