• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum gets a fresh face - now live

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, the usernames and avatar section looks especially good.

Booter

Reaction score
It's kind of blinding and difficult to read some of the new fonts. I'll give my eyes some time to adjust.

(Appreciate all the hard work, just being honest)

kasakka

Reaction score
Looks good. Also glad that there is a mobile version. However, I would really love to get working Tapatalk support for the forum. It has tons of issues from not showing quotes right to not going to the right post, missing images etc. Is that coming anytime soon?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interface is nice - gonna take time getting adjusted, its kinda hard to make out the differences between posts as both colors are very light. Nice though.

Any estimate on when you guys will be fixing the filter on the B&S forum. It's a royal pain searching through it these days...
I've seen it reported but it's not reproducible for me. Can you please try another browser and see if it still happens? Some details will help get it fixed.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new fonts could use a bit of tweaking - all caps is rarely good, and it looks condensed at points which is also a bit uncomfortable. Also the new blue text could be a bit darker for a bit more contrast...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The look is nice. The text seems to need a bit of work.

Agree with the issues with all-caps and often looking too-condensed (on win7 in chrome since I know fonts are system specific)

Also, all of the fonts now appear smaller. More and more people are switching to higher resolution displays (despite the setback with hdtv panels being standard). I am at work now so it is ok (fine on my 19" 1280x1024, and just a little small on my 22" 1680x1050)...but these pages would be illegible at home on my 27" 2560x1440 display...and I hate having to use the browser zoom features since they mess with layout and pictures.

SHS

Reaction score
I would also like some more contrast in colour, but it's probably just a matter of time to get used to the new look.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a workaround here, but I think a lot of the text probs are attributable to Chrome: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/9wFH2Sv3Lz8 I agree it looks pretty bad on Chrome. For me FF fixes all the text except some that is too light in color.

I'm hoping we can compile a list of stuff to work on and then design around these problems ASAP. It won't be today though.

Gerry

Reaction score
Good job guys, looks sweet and all user details remain intact. I've seen so many others sites over the years loose bundles of information when putting an upgrade in place, good work.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For example, this is how the lower thingy looks in Chrome for me (clearly unacceptable):

and in FF:

I'm going to mess with Cleartype settings, but I'm hoping we can do something top-down to fix or work around this issue. Readability is obviously one of the most important considerations in a forum.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the fonts are too small. I cannot read a damned thing now lol :)
Also that blue text has to go or get bolder and bigger. it is almost impossible to read.
Larger avatars would be nice too with all this screen real estate.
Seriously, everything to way too small.

Edit- pLEASE MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER. i AM USING CAPS SO I CAN READ MY OWN WORDS.
ALL THE BLUE TEXT NEEDS TO BE BLACK AND ARIAL IS A BETTER FONT.
i CAN PROVIDE A SCREEN CAPS IF ANYONE WANTS.

ALSO, ALL THE MEMBERS ONLINE LIST IS ALL HIGHLIGHTED.
THIS MAKES ME FEEL LIKE i DRAGGED MY MOUSE OVER THEIR NAMES BY ACCIDENT. iT WILL PROBABLY CONFUSE OTHERS TOO AND IT IS UNNECESSARY TO HAVE THIS LOOK.

tHE OVERALL BACKGROUND COULD BE LIGHTENED TO PROVIDE MORE CONTRAST TO THE TEXT.

tHE OVERALL FEEL OF THE PAGE IS DARK AND BROODING AND DEPRESSING. IT IS THE WAY MANY APARTMENTS WERE PAINTED IN THE 1980'S , ,,MEANING LIFELESS. tHIS CAN BE DEPRESSING TO LOOK AT.
COLOURS ARE OF VITAL IMPORTANCE SO i AM SURE YOU WILL BE TWEAKING

IF I CAN THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I WILL ADD LATER.

EDIT2
i INSTALLED AN ADD-ON FOR FIREFOX TO ALLOW ME TO ZOOM INTO THE PAGE.
I HAD TO ZOOM 2 OR 3 TIMES TO GET THE FONTS BIG ENOUGH TO READ.
THIS MEANS LOSING THE SPONSORS ON THE RIGHT JUST TO READ THE POSTS.
HERE IS A SCREENCAP. THE FONTS AT THIS SIZE LOOK PERFECT THOUGH AS SHOWN IN THE PHOTO.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads