• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi everyone. For those that bought the shell Goodyear SF-01, how do they compare to Crown Northampton shell handmade sneakers? https://crownnorthampton.com/collec...on-shell-cordovan?_pos=6&_fid=1b072af4f&_ss=c

I like my Harlestones in Dark Cognac but am also interested in trying these Goodyear SF-01 as they imo have more fashionable styling. The Black (with black sole) and Natural shell colours have particularly caught my eye.

So, some questions please:

1. How good and well made are these sneakers in general?
  2. What is the comfort level and sizing vs other sneakers you own?
  3. Are they really easy for any skilled cobbler to resole?
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Ok, can anyone please point me to any reviews of the shell Goodyear SF-01's? I can barely find any info on them when searching the forum, aside from a couple of pics, which I am really surprised about.

Are there no detailed review of the Goodyear SF-01's v2/v3 anywhere? :)

ptfly

Reaction score
Looks like Cappi (sf01, v2) and the new artisans (v3) might have picked a different Chocolate from the tannery, we will double check the codes used and see if there was a difference. The guys are sorting it but they also saw this might be the first chocolate suede ordered in a sf01 for some time.

We will make it right. Sorry about this.
Still waiting for the remade pair. Emails are not getting a response :(

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how you folks clean your white leather sneakers? My OG White Kangaroo sneakers have seen better days and looking to clean.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that Archibald London has MCC (Merchant Category Code) 5661 (Shoe Stores) for purposes of credit card transaction categorization? Got a friend optimizing credit card rewards for a big purchase.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Still waiting for the remade pair. Emails are not getting a response :(
That sucks dude sorry to hear it. Seems to be around 6 months lead time per pair judging from the expected dates given on the Archibald website, but you would hope they would push a remake through a bit quicker.

However did you send Archibald a whatsapp or private message instead? That's how they respond quicker.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of the Deerskin Ultralights in white https://www.archibaldlondon.com/us/...kin?colour=white&footwear-size=footwear-eu-42 and so far they are really nice to wear due to their very slipper-like feel with the unlined leather and the mid and outer sole is also comfortable when walking. I do wish the last was a little bit wider though, because although the unlined deerskin is comfortable, I think something stiffer like shell would be a little too narrow for comfort with my little toe pressing against it. It's better than my pair of Common Projects Achilles, but not as generous and as comfortable as my Crown Northampton Harlestones which really do give great all-day comfort.

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted this update in our other Archibald London Official Vendor Thread, but I have an important SF-01 update I want to share here as well since this chat is where they were born.

Following the extremely long and frustrating delays we have observed with the last pre-order batch(es) for sneakers, we are taking drastic action to change things immediately.
The craftsmen in Italy responsible for our sneakers have not been able to keep-up with pre-order demands across the many different styles, leathers, soles, and colours we currently offer. These delays have become untenable and we have been unable to combat them or find solutions to solve the issues with any great success.

When production takes place for already-(pre)sold items, it is imperative that every stakeholder acts transparently, offers clear communication upstream, and believes in the project and its growth potential. Otherwise, it becomes a non-starter and liability to our brand integrity and our relationship with both the craftsmen and our customers.

This endeavor has not turned out as expected, and in order to quell further frustration, we have decided to retire the SF-01 V3, SF-01 Mid-tops, and the SF-02 Slip-on for the time being.

The order batch closing on August 31st 2023 will therefore be the last time theses models are available:

Styleforum x Archibald: The SF-01 Sneaker Project

Developed in collaboration with the [Styleforum community](https://www.styleforum.net/). The first iteration is rarely the final, and with perfectionists on both sides, there is always a higher level to which we can aspire. So we’ve taken the feedback from the SF-ers and Archibald community...
www.archibaldlondon.com

Naked is still live, so you can lock in our special pricing for this final batch.

Please importantly note, pre-orders will NOT BE CHARGED until they are a few weeks into full production to ensure they are delivered as promised without us taking funds in advance.
Going forward, the sneaker collection will therefore be led by the Ultralight series.

This has been a very hard decision for us to make, given the importance the SF-01 has played in Archibald’s history. This sneaker was developed with one of the world's most-opinionated and knowledgeable menswear forums - tweaked over 2 years across countless samples - and has gone through three iterations. It is a testament and homage to the power of community and effectively the experience that both transformed our business model and influenced the exciting strategic pivot we will be making soon.

Whilst the V1 and (less so) V2 fell short of expectations in terms of achieving the target of the world’s best classic Italian sneaker, the V3 - which benefited from the added expertise of our new partners in Italy - completely knocked it out of the park.

It is time to focus and ensure we are not only delivering a stunner of a product but also a service that doesn’t lead to frustration due to delays in delivery. We hate to disappoint, and believe it or not, it pains us just as much as you. After what was finally achieved from a product standpoint, it hurts us tremendously to close the SF-01 program; however, we must do what is necessary to protect the integrity of the brand and your faith in us until we sort out this issue.

If you don’t own one, or if you were less than impressed by the Ghirlandina’s or the SF-01 V1 or V2, I strongly urge you to take this opportunity to get a pair of our SF- 01 V3s now before our final order is closed for the foreseeable future.

Please feel free to contact me via DM here, on my email, or on my WhatsApp +1 707 292 5436 should you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Natalie Smith
[email protected]
+1 707 202 5436
+44 (0)755 414 7843

Sparty1833

Reaction score
Im thinking of ordering a pair of the kangroo shoes with the gum sole. I do have a question of width. How wide are these shoes? I have wide feet (wear a 9E in hokas and allen edmonds 5th ave [I think that is what they are called], and I have a pair of of 9eee suede unlined Allen Edmonds chukka boots, they were one of those crowdfunded editions, that are very roomy). Will these most likely be tight on my feet? TIA!

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Any updates on shipping of the latest batch of UltraLights? Account dashboard says Updated Delivery Date for today. It's been pushed back a couple times but seems to have landed on this date for a while now so was hoping it's a solid date (Ordered in April).

Davakint

Reaction score
End of this journey. Second pair of my order just arrived today!

IMG_20231222_225055.jpg
IMG_20231222_223648.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads