• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streetwear and Females

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
The question is will you be better dressed than your girlfriend?

Originally Posted by themidship22
Shoot Of Course I will be!
But I have a stylish girlfriend for a change. Probably one of my first.

He can't be the only one. I've been thinking do women feel threatened by your presence? For most couples it's the female that dresses somewhat better than her male counterpart.

Ignore thread if you only make the stylish ones yours.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea, it is tricky when you are constantly better dressed than your girlfriend.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend was always slightly amused (and occasionally slightly threatened) that I was more fashionable than she was.

Kregg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
My ex-girlfriend was always slightly amused (and occasionally slightly threatened) that I was more fashionable than she was.

I was in the same boat, dood. +1

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This is a great thread, my buddies and I have talked about this before I'll post my thoughts later.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my gf and i were comparing alexander mcqueen's men's and women's collections earlier, she's more into couture fashion than streetwear but she looks damn good in a dress so i am not complaining.

she doesn't really mind that i pay so much attention to clothing. i mean, she'd rather it be that than muscle cars or something, not that there's anything wrong with that, i just don't drive.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
most people in this forum have a definition of fashion that is pretty distant from what most people (including most women) consider 'fashionable'

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
Originally Posted by Kregg
I was in the same boat, dood. +1
Let's hope that this wasn't the reason they became your Ex-es.
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
my gf and i were comparing alexander mcqueen's men's and women's collections earlier, she's more into couture fashion than streetwear but she looks damn good in a dress so i am not complaining. she doesn't really mind that i pay so much attention to clothing. i mean, she'd rather it be that than muscle cars or something, not that there's anything wrong with that, i just don't drive.
so she does all of the driving?
eek.gif

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since i've come a long way i think these days i'm dressed a lot better than the typical women around here at my age. the older women always dress better tho.

most women my age around here wear the tight leggings tucked into boots and a fur hoody around this time regardless of their body type.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
so she does all of the driving?
eek.gif

no. mostly we get around via public transportation/cabs. i live in the city and she lives in a md suburb about a block from a metro stop only three or so stops away. i left my car at my parents' house since i moved and she hates driving in the city, so if we need to use her car more often than not i'm behind the wheel.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
since i've come a long way i think these days i'm dressed a lot better than the typical women around here at my age. the older women always dress better tho.

most women my age around here wear the tight leggings tucked into boots and a fur hoody around this time regardless of their body type.

How does this work for you? Do you get a better experience with the older ones?
biggrin.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hags always think I'm dressed up. But I'm not, I just wear what I wear. Keeping it real.

slappysloopy

Reaction score
My ex always thought it was odd that I spent so much time on my laptop looking at clothes but to be honest, most of the time I would get more compliments about my clothes than she did. I think that pissed her off a bit but it's not like a lot of girls read about and look at clothes as much as SFers do.

evor1

Reaction score
part of the reason i broke up with my ex was i hated the way she dressed. i wouldnt want to hold her hand or anything in public hahahha. well among other reasons too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads