• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streetwear and Females

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Despite the fact that I spend more money on clothing and probably more minutes of the day thinking about what people are wearing, I would still say I care less about my appearance on a daily basis than any of the girls I've dated. Ultimately, my goal with clothing is to be able to reach into my closet (or hamper, heheheh) and pull out a couple random things and have it all look good.

The point of my wardrobe is to have a bunch of invididual parts that all go together well enough that I can get ready in the morning in <5 minutes and without putting much thought into it.

Seems like a girl's wardrobe is more a collection of outfits, not individual garments.

Great post, agree with everything except I don't wish to pull out random things. My goal is to feel like I want to wear something and then pull out a bunch of stuff that would compliment it extremely well. One other difference is that before I buy things I think about how versatile or not the piece is and what other things I have it would go well with. For this reason I have a lot of complimentary things albeit different at the same time.

On another note, I've asked a friend of mine who dresses well if he thought women perceived him as being different and how exactly and we both agreed that we come off snobbish. It's the same thing with women, when you see a stylish woman she appears to be "high maintenance" and stuck up even though that and reality aren't necessarily correlated.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend used to love clothes and shopping
but since being with me, she said i took the fun out of shopping

i am no longer allowed to talk about clothes to her
she thinks i dress up too much when we go places

she doesnt get why i go on this forum or sufu.. infact she doesnt like these sites at all

she made fun of me for taking waywts multiple times

i really am not allowed to discuss clothing with her, it'll piss her off at this point since she is so sick of hearing about it

but i love her

she dresses well in my opinion! (thats not why i love her though)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^damn son!

My buddy's girl always says "are you guys talking about clothes again??". She's hot and dresses dope though so it's all good. One ex always makes gay jokes because my clothes aren't reminiscent of a gangster rapper and another loved it so much.

Kregg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Why the hostility, my friend?
eh.gif

No hostility towards you, but to her.

and we're not about to open up that can of worms.

mert54

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
My girl doesn't know I wear expensive clothes because she thinks I'm straight, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yeah, I'm doing that a little too, but my sister always talks to me about how she thinks it is so ridiculous that I like nice clothing. I'm not buying so much that I can't afford my house anymore, so, why does she care?

mgoose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
my girlfriend used to love clothes and shopping
but since being with me, she said i took the fun out of shopping

i am no longer allowed to talk about clothes to her
she thinks i dress up too much when we go places

she doesnt get why i go on this forum or sufu.. infact she doesnt like these sites at all

she made fun of me for taking waywts multiple times

Haha I'm pretty much in the same boat with my gf, she complains shopping with me isn't "fun" because I'll say things like "It looks ok but is it really worth spending x amount on something you don't really love" . . .

Oh and I tend to do thing she finds eccentric, if amusing, like when I wanted to wear a bowtie out for dinner and I had to look up how to tie it properly online, haha that was a half hour ordeal for her right there.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gf is a really good and creative dresser... she´s a fashion design student, so gets alot more fashionista wild than me... I try to get her into some more rugged stuff though, I recently gave her a pair of Edwin nashville, that made her ass look amazing in a 50s way
smile.gif
We talk pretty much about clothes, and alot of people would probably judge her as the better dresser. Im much more relaxed though, and better at just grabbing something and making it work.

minimalist

Reaction score
My GF likes the way I dress pretty much and also asks my opinion about how this piece matches that or if she should buy a particular item. I also enjoy shopping with her pretty much since she dresses very tasteful, and it seems to be the same the other way around.
My nickname being program I tend to wear simple outfits like a black longsleeved t-shirt, dark blue denim and black kicks while she also enjoys matching colors and patterns a lot, but I think we give a nice picture when strolling down the street together... Sometimes it actually baffles me how she would search trough a store, picking a blouse or something I would never ever look at when she asked me to go pick something for her, and makes it look amazing on her
smile.gif

So even though we do have slightly different tastes when it comes to such details as colours, patterns and stuff, we do share pretty much the same thoughts and opinions about clothing in general
smile.gif

Life can be sooo good
wink.gif

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend makes fun of me for spending more on clothes than she does. Of course shes in grad school and I'm employed but she thinks I'm waisting my time on forums. In the end, she is happy that I care about how I look. I'm not really into fashion per se. I might happen to see photos of runway stuff but I'm never interseted in wearing or purchasing anything from those designers. I don't mind going shopping with her, but definitely don't enjoy it.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive found that alot of girls think im gay. strictly because of what i do, what i studied, and how i look. i dont &quot;sound&quot; gay, or anything like that. its getting more and more frequent with the tighter/more fashionable **** i wear.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I did have a female friend tell me that she thinks I'm half-gay (cue Alistair Hennessey) because she thought I dressed well. Other close female friends often comment (positively) on what I'm wearing. For the first time in my life, I have a gf (of 5 months) who thinks it's cool that I like clothes as much as I do and she even supports my SF habit. All in all, I think she's a great dresser (think hot nerdy librarian- she is a librarian), but she keeps getting jealous of the clothes, like EG and MFSC, that I have picked up over the last few months. "I want nice clothes like you" she says. Call me shallow, but I don't think I could date a girl who dressed poorly. Chances are, whe's give me a hard time for liking clothes.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
also for all i care about clothes i don't really give a **** about things like hair styling, which to a lot of girls is just as important as clothing choice

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
also for all i care about clothes i don't really give a **** about things like hair styling, which to a lot of girls is just as important as clothing choice

You probably have a mad dirty Jew from don't you?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover