• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I finally snapped a few pics with a pair of Sperry...sorry didnt have a chance to snap pics against sebagos

bjge difference is the more narrow footprint of the Rancourt which is now what i believe leads to that bow look in the middle of the shoe. Also you can clearly see how curved the Rancourt is and how much more uniform the sperry is.

I know it sounds like i dont lime the rancourt but that is not the case..I really love wearing them...just happen to like the classic sperry shape better.

Are the Sperry's MiUSA?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I finally snapped a few pics with a pair of Sperry...sorry didnt have a chance to snap pics against sebagos bjge difference is the more narrow footprint of the Rancourt which is now what i believe leads to that bow look in the middle of the shoe. Also you can clearly see how curved the Rancourt is and how much more uniform the sperry is. I know it sounds like i dont lime the rancourt but that is not the case..I really love wearing them...just happen to like the classic sperry shape better.
Are the Sperry's MiUSA?
no...sadly.

i10casual

Reaction score
They prob went public and need to meet growth and certain margins. You can't do that and make it here in the US once you get to a certain size. Even patagonia make things outside the US nowadays.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I considering adding a snuff suede shoe to my wardrobe for wear in the fall and winter. From the website, it appears as if the snuff suede in their longwing bluchers is a different color than the snuff suede in their penny loafers. This is probably attributable to the leather being sourced from different producers, but the degree of difference may be exaggerated by the lighting in the photography. Has anybody compared them in person? Based solely on the photos, I prefer to the shade of snuff that's used in the loafers, but because they can only be returned for credit I want to make certain before I order.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that unlined suede makes your feet feel warmer than regular unlined leather. I may be wrong on this.

However, which makes your feet feel warmer: lined leather vs unlined suede?

I would like to get a suede shoe for the fall, so I'm considering my options. I got rid of my last suede shoe because it felt hot. Can't remember if it was lined or unlined, though.

Subutai

Reaction score

Heritage court classics today

Canadianguy

Reaction score
First wearing today for Robinson ranger mocs in dark olive cxl. Some of you may remember me saying I decided on the clymer moc but I actually switched my order at the last minute so I could have the rlh sole. Really glad I didn't size down with these as the fit is nice and snug. Thanks to all who helped with advice and sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads