• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Canadianguy

Reaction score

Also, slightly too big you can work with. Slightly too small you can't.

I think you'll be fine.

Good point. I guess I'm just a little nervous because shipping costs to canada are insane ($36 USD for one pair of shoes) so I'm really hoping to get it right the first time. Many thanks for your input.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good point. I guess I'm just a little nervous because shipping costs to canada are insane ($36 USD for one pair of shoes) so I'm really hoping to get it right the first time. Many thanks for your input.

I hear you. Wrong fit is no fun.

Not that you really want to get into this, but I believe Rancourt can last the shoe down to a smaller size during a resole.

i10casual

Reaction score
Can someone help me with a question on sole structure. I have a Baxter and it is very comfortable on the balls of my feet maybe due to the leather midsole. I'd also like to buy a Classic Ranger with natural Chromexcel and the new red sole. Is this Classic sole as comfortable as the Baxter? I have the Westport Loafer without the leather midsole and it's rough on the feet if used outdoors for long distances. I'm looking for a city and country shoe.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post, here are my Rancourt shell pinch penny loafers. So so comfy. Love these.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post, here are my Rancourt shell pinch penny loafers. So so comfy. Love these.

Agree on the comfort. Been wearing these a lot due to the 90+ degree days we've continued to have. Note to self: need more unlined shell in my life.

Last edited:

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are getting better with each wear. I've been trying to get the excessive dye/polish off with a rag and I think mine have mellowed out a bit since I got them. Are all Rancourt shell known for being with shiny (almost plastic-y)?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@BackInTheJox Those look great.

@wdahab That's some nice looking natty shell. Bit of a departure from the shell shoe photos we see where it's hard to tell that they've ever been worn. :)

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine are getting better with each wear.  I've been trying to get the excessive dye/polish off with a rag and I think mine have mellowed out a bit since I got them.  Are all Rancourt shell known for being with shiny (almost plastic-y)?

They dye som of their own colors so it's certainly possible.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I finally snapped a few pics with a pair of Sperry...sorry didnt have a chance to snap pics against sebagos

bjge difference is the more narrow footprint of the Rancourt which is now what i believe leads to that bow look in the middle of the shoe. Also you can clearly see how curved the Rancourt is and how much more uniform the sperry is.

I know it sounds like i dont lime the rancourt but that is not the case..I really love wearing them...just happen to like the classic sperry shape better.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member