• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: RL Cordovan Gifford Chukkas now $399

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Garrans in 10 needed here, willing to pay finder's fee.

I'm pretty sure some are for sale on B+S. If not, I'll let you know if I decide the fit is too generous for me to keep.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
If anyone has the garrans in 11 please let me know.

devil.gif

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Received both pairs today, I figured at $15 to see how they look/fit it was worth taking a look. The Gifford looks fine when its covered by a pants leg, otherwise its kind of awkward looking due to the low sides of the boot (sides are about 3/4 of an inch lower than those of the Garran). These will be going back to the Chicago store shortly.

The Garran is a different story, this is a really classic boot, very nice, and the SC is a deeper brown than my McCallums/Darltons, so it fills a niche. I think this is going to be one of those deals that SF members will regret foregoing.

To each his own regarding these boots, but after reading your comment about the low sides of the Gifford, I compared the RL Chukka to the only two other chukka boots I have. The RL Gifford was 3/4-inch taller than the Alden Chukka and 1/2-inch taller than the AS for BB Chukka. The Garran is certainly a taller boot, but the Gifford isn't short in comparison to other chukka boots.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Anyone get there's with shoes trees? Box is 10.5 pounds for 2 pairs.
I wasn't aware trees were available for them or that RL sold trees.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Last update... the Garrans fit great. The Giffords are going back (only keeping one pair). They will likely end up at the Burlingame, CA Ralph Lauren on Tuesday evening of next week.

A big thank you to Ezra at the SF RL store who talked me into getting both pairs. Initially I was only going to order the Giffords. Highly recommended as a sales associate if you are ever in that particular RL store.

adfan

Reaction score
I still haven't found a pair in 13D.

I think I missed the boat on these shoes.

Regards

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
A big thank you to Ezra at the SF RL store who talked me into getting both pairs. Initially I was only going to order the Giffords. Highly recommended as a sales associate if you are ever in that particular RL store.
+1. He was great help to me when I visited the store a month ago.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually Garrans in 11 for me since they fit half size large.....anyone?

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics