• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
What's your least favorite story lines in the show? Mine so far has been the Targaryan/Dothraky wilderness adventure.

The Wall. To be fair it's a LOT more interesting in the show but it's so disconnected with the rest of the story that it just feels like its eating up time.

Though the same could be argued for Daenery's storyline but it's plot line is much more imminent and connected with the happenings of Westeros. Plus, given the lore of the world (not book spoilers at all, just background histories) the white walkers first invasion predates the landing of the Andals (the majority of the Westeros population) so no surprise it's not being taken seriously. Also, Sam, man is he boring.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Yes. Ned was 35 also. Which would have made him 18 when he helped Robert overthrow the Targs

Is that right, though? I think Dany is only 13 at the beginning. Which would have made the wedding scene with Drogo pretty
eek.gif
, even if they had done it like the book. Actually, it might have even been more icky if they did it like they did in the book.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the targeryn storyline is kinda boring. would've liked to see drogo be more alpha, and i demand more alpha-ness from dany (sp?) she always looks lost and when she tries to convey power (ie. taking control when drogo is sick) she just looks dumb.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the actress is right for the part, but I doubt there is a young actress out there that could portray her the right way.

matik23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
i think the targeryn storyline is kinda boring. would've liked to see drogo be more alpha, and i demand more alpha-ness from dany (sp?) she always looks lost and when she tries to convey power (ie. taking control when drogo is sick) she just looks dumb.

How much more alpha can Drogo can even get? ********* up anyone who challenged his leadership using his opponents own weapon by the way. I got hyphy as shot when he decided to go for the throne at the rally. Dany has dragons now. That's pretty alpha me thinks.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
And I don't think it was the Lannisters who sent the assassin anyway, very well could have been Littlefinger. Have to wait and see
smile.gif

Makes no sense for Lil Finger to have sent the assassin as he had no idea that a previous attempt had been made on Bran's life. What does make sense is for him to set the Lannisters up as he was the one who ID'ed the dagger as being Tyrion's.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It makes no sense for the Lannisters to give them Tyrion's knife, but then if not the Lannisters, who could possibly want to kill the kid?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
It makes no sense for the Lannisters to give them Tyrion's knife, but then if not the Lannisters, who could possibly want to kill the kid?

Never thought about it. Someone was trying to instigate the war between the Starks and Lannisters. That merchant Varys was talking to (in King's Landing Crypt next to the dragon skull) was the merchant that helped arrange the marriage of Dany to Drogo (at least it looks like him upon second viewing), perhaps he by extension the Targaryan's are trying to sabotage the kingdom ahead of an invasion by having the three largest/strongest houses (Lannister/Baratheon and Stark) at war with each other.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Makes no sense for Lil Finger to have sent the assassin as he had no idea that a previous attempt had been made on Bran's life. What does make sense is for him to set the Lannisters up as he was the one who ID'ed the dagger as being Tyrion's.

He knew about the previous attempt before Cat reached King's Landing didn't he? Dunno. But I'm not convinced the assassin was sent by the Lannisters.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Granted those ravens are spectacularly effecient for communication, but do we really think that someone overseas would have had time to find out about Bran's condition and know that the Lannisters had reason to want him dead, AND steal the dagger before that went down?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Granted those ravens are spectacularly effecient for communication, but do we really think that someone overseas would have had time to find out about Bran's condition and know that the Lannisters had reason to want him dead, AND steal the dagger before that went down?

Honestly in my head I was imagining it as a minor house in Westeros trying to stir **** up and then grab power in the ruckus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads