• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided that I couldn't wait for the season to come out on Netflix, so I signed up for HBO last night and watched eight episodes in a row. I finally got to bed around 4:00 this morning. I'll watch the rest of them today. What a great show and a great adaptation of the books.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Re-watching the show right now out of boredom, and came to Episode 4:

When Tyrion identifies Catelyn at the tavern, and he's obviously showing no hostile behavior, I could barely watch the ensuing events. That was the moment that ********** up every last thing going for the family. She could have questioned him, interrogated him, whatever. But she took him to her crazy ******* sister and triggered what would eventually become a war.

Catelyn is my least favorite character.

Why the **** would Tyrion give his own dagger to someone to commit a murder? FFS

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
she trusts littlefinger - littlefinger says it was tyrion's dagger

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gruntle

Reaction score
Baelish, varys, and Ilyrio would of done eveything in their power to bring the war regardless of what Cat did. little finger is very good at manipulating the stark/tully women.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gruntle
Baelish, varys, and Ilyrio would of done eveything in their power to bring the war regardless of what Cat did. little finger is very good at manipulating the stark/tully women.

? I think not.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it not Varys that Arya caught plotting in the dungeons?* I thought it was.

*not an invitation for a spoiler from the novels.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know shite about the books or this fantasy stuff in general, but I found the series to constantly be on the border of boring. There were good moments, etc, but I found myself regularly lost with names and places, and thought the finale was terrible.

Also, too many story lines.

And that blonde haired kid, the one that gave his sister to that huge dude (drago?), was about the worst actor ever.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Re-watching the show right now out of boredom, and came to Episode 4:

When Tyrion identifies Catelyn at the tavern, and he's obviously showing no hostile behavior, I could barely watch the ensuing events. That was the moment that ********** up every last thing going for the family. She could have questioned him, interrogated him, whatever. But she took him to her crazy ******* sister and triggered what would eventually become a war.

Catelyn is my least favorite character.

Why the **** would Tyrion give his own dagger to someone to commit a murder? FFS

+1

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
This is not a spoiler: I always got the feeling that Valyrian steel wasn't really "magical" in the usual sense of magic swords. It's just really high quality steel: very light (which makes that huge two hander usable), very sharp and stays that way. It doesn't make the user any more skilled or powerful, but the owners are almost always great knights and lords so they're usually the best swordsmen anyway. The Valyrians used magic to make it, but that's a bit of a different thing. Lord Marmot (leader of the Night's Watch) giving Jon his Valyrian sword was a huge deal for that reason; it was his family sword and he's handing it to a bastard and new member. Reinforces that "there's something special in store for you, boy" message.
The way he describes the many folds made me think grrm saw some damascus blades. But in the books they mention valaryans used spells on it but that may be Ignorant superstitious talk.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Re-watching the show right now out of boredom, and came to Episode 4: When Tyrion identifies Catelyn at the tavern, and he's obviously showing no hostile behavior, I could barely watch the ensuing events. That was the moment that ********** up every last thing going for the family. She could have questioned him, interrogated him, whatever. But she took him to her crazy ******* sister and triggered what would eventually become a war. Catelyn is my least favorite character. Why the **** would Tyrion give his own dagger to someone to commit a murder? FFS
I hate catelyn. It's her fault much of neds house guards died. If he had those men he might have survived.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
She does a much more infuriating thing later which has serious wtf consequences. Made me want to strangle her

Thanks for the spoiler, bud.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

*sigh

Don't even bother.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Originally Posted by javyn
*sigh Don't even bother.
No offense guys, but that didn't spoil anything. "She did a thing later" isn't a spoiler. Leave the man alone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads