• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
No offense guys, but that didn't spoil anything. "She did a thing later" isn't a spoiler. Leave the man alone.

Agreed.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gruntle
Baelish, varys, and Ilyrio would of done eveything in their power to bring the war regardless of what Cat did. little finger is very good at manipulating the stark/tully women.
Yup
Originally Posted by Reynard369
? I think not.
Think about varys relationship with ilyrio.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
The way he describes the many folds made me think grrm saw some damascus blades. But in the books they mention valaryans used spells on it but that may be Ignorant superstitious talk.

Yeah if I had one *typically-insignificant nitpick it has to be the lack of emphasis on Valyerian steel and how it doesn't appear like damascus blade at all (which was quite detailed in the books). The only reason this even slightly bothers me is valyerian steel is part of the lore of the books, along with the dragon eggs. While in the books, the dragon eggs were IMO a huge "OMFG I DIDN'T NOT EXPECT THAT COMING" while in the show everyone sort of expected it, lost it's impact due to all the (needed) foreshadowing. In the books it's sort of like, oh the lore of white walkers, magic, dragon eggs, valyerian steel, OMFG dragons are back?!?!

*like stuff like how people look, or ages. GRRM seems heavily involved in the show so I doubt any major changes would go by without his approval (in fact didn't he state that if he could we would redo the ages in the book so that they're older?)

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Yeah if I had one *typically-insignificant nitpick it has to be the lack of emphasis on Valyerian steel and how it doesn't appear like damascus blade at all (which was quite detailed in the books). The only reason this even slightly bothers me is valyerian steel is part of the lore of the books, along with the dragon eggs. While in the books, the dragon eggs were IMO a huge "OMFG I DIDN'T NOT EXPECT THAT COMING" while in the show everyone sort of expected it, lost it's impact due to all the (needed) foreshadowing. In the books it's sort of like, oh the lore of white walkers, magic, dragon eggs, valyerian steel, OMFG dragons are back?!?!

*like stuff like how people look, or ages. GRRM seems heavily involved in the show so I doubt any major changes would go by without his approval (in fact didn't he state that if he could we would redo the ages in the book so that they're older?)

maybe we knew they were coming b/c of the spoilers...
boxing[1].gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okk fine.

well here's a +1 to getting into the books, because they are great, and a +1 to rioting if Peter Dinklage does not get his Emmy.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
frown.gif
I hope this is a joke bc if not I'm sorry I ruined everything

Sigh.

Just edit it. It's not a big spoiler, but it's a spoiler, and as likely as what you mentioned seems to be, little things like that can change expectations going in, which, as someone who has never read the books, I try to avoid.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get what's so hard to understand about not talking about anything but what is going on/went on in the show in this thread. Talk about things that happen in the book in the book thread.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
How hard is this ****!!?? Godard didn't even bother to read the books he adapted, why can't you guys take a page from his book? I saw eps 10 yesterday, good, clean fun.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone grab book 5 yet?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It came out today. I downloaded it onto my Nook, and I'm about 100 pages in. It's good so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads