• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TV Show Heroes

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the ending scene with the cheerleader in the morgue rules!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone take a good look at the medallion the black guy in the bar (with Officer Parkman) was wearing? Its the same one that appears on Claire's book, and in Sylars apartment, and maybe a few other places.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Plus... WTF was that Nissan Versa shill for? Are they not making enough money by selling traditional advertizing?.

is that even a car that's sold in US? I've never heard of it

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus... WTF was that Nissan Versa shill for? Are they not making enough money by selling traditional advertizing? Do they underestimate my intelligence? Do I ask too many questions?

agreed. that was totally cheesy.

been trying to keep up with the show. it kinda plods along but hopefully things will speed up once they tie everyone's story lines together. love the Japanese dude. and i read it earlier in this thread but did we figure out what power the chick with convertible has? is it that she can appear in two places at once?

-Jeff

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone have an idea about Ali Larter's power yet? There was one phrase that I caught, I can't quite remember when it was used, where it said something about being in two places at once. My theory is that she can be, hence being able to have the car set up and garage cleaned, knowing where the grave etc., etc. I still do not understand when she missed her entire day and woke up in her car, unless her consciousness left to go to her other person to do the clean up in the garage. Meh, I didn't say it was a great theory.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
So anyone have an idea about Ali Larter's power yet? There was one phrase that I caught, I can't quite remember when it was used, where it said something about being in two places at once. My theory is that she can be, hence being able to have the car set up and garage cleaned, knowing where the grave etc., etc. I still do not understand when she missed her entire day and woke up in her car, unless her consciousness left to go to her other person to do the clean up in the garage. Meh, I didn't say it was a great theory.

The intro to the show (3) mentioned her dangerous "alter ego" as being (a part of?) her power.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There is a theory that Peter Petrelli (the guy who keeps trying to fly, even though its become fairly apparent to people with keen observational skills like us, that its not his power) will actually become Sylar (the main bad guy).

See, he can absorb bits of other people's powers when he's around them. So maybe he finds out that he can just take their brains, eat them (or process them in some way), and permanently gain part of whole of their powers. It's only episode three, and already his character arc has taken a huge swing to a much bolder, darker angle than it started out being. He punched his brother in rage two or three times this week, when stung by his betrayal at the fund-raiser. Just one episode ago, it looked like he was ready to take a backseat to his brothers ambition, perhaps this is the beginning of an emotional downward spiral for Peter Petrelli, that ends up with him becoming Sylar in the future, eating other hero's brains, and working twords his as-yet-to-be-discovered goal. He could easily travel back in time (after eating Hiro's brain) Survive being shot by Officer Parkman, have telepathic powers, fly, and etc. If that were the case, and would explain how Sylar seems to possess a very similar power to Peter Petrelli, and why the brains are missing out of all his victim's corpses, and etc.

I think that the analysis of the show might actually be more interesting on a what-if level is more entertaining than the actual show has been so far.
Now I have to keep watching to find out if some of my other theories come to fruition.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
is that even a car that's sold in US? I've never heard of it

Its new, if you actually watch the commercials when the show is on, or on NBC in general, you will see the actual ad for the Nissan Versa. Its the one that satirizes a medicine commercial. Big dudes with smallcaritis or something like that. I just remember that some dude in the back seat of a subcompact gets a cake shoved into his chest when the driver leans back. Its actually a fairly clever commercial. I just prefer not to have them invade my television shows on such an obvious level.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a theory that Peter Petrelli (the guy who keeps trying to fly, even though its become fairly apparent to people with keen observational skills like us, that its not his power) will actually become Sylar (the main bad guy).
Sounds like a good theory, but I'm not sure I buy it 100%. One hole in the theory is that Sylar had a picture of Nathan Petrelli in his den of crazy - insane super-powered time-traveller or no, I don't think he'd need a picture to figure out how to find his brother, even if he has come from THE FUTURE.

Another is that Sylar had some kind of sessions with papa Suresh, prior to the start of the series, before which he didn't know what he was capable of. Doesn't really sound time-travelley - sounds more like he was just a regular old serial killer until then.

Baseless prediction no. 2: Papa Suresh is still alive somewhere - if only because we see his picture on the book jacket, and it's a name actor (Erick Avari). He'll be back in one form or another.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
Sounds like a good theory, but I'm not sure I buy it 100%. One hole in the theory is that Sylar had a picture of Nathan Petrelli in his den of crazy - insane super-powered time-traveller or no, I don't think he'd need a picture to figure out how to find his brother, even if he has come from THE FUTURE.

Ha... never overestimate those kids from the future. The public education system...uh... gets worse. Probably couldn't find their ass with both hands.

Another is that Sylar had some kind of sessions with papa Suresh, prior to the start of the series, before which he didn't know what he was capable of. Doesn't really sound time-travelley - sounds more like he was just a regular old serial killer until then.
Maybe he was just using Suresh to locate other mutants to brain-suck. But ok... hole poked in theory #2.

Baseless prediction no. 2: Papa Suresh is still alive somewhere - if only because we see his picture on the book jacket, and it's a name actor (Erick Avari). He'll be back in one form or another.
Agreed, I've been thinking that too.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sylar could be the Petrelli's father.

Could be.

But then, he could really be anyone, or no-one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
Sylar could be the Petrelli's father.

Could be.

But then, he could really be anyone, or no-one.

could it be everyone?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could it be everyone?
I am now running with this theory.

Final scene in the series:

INT - MOHINDER'S APARTMENT - EVENING

MOHINDER stands in front of his father's map, pointing at various equations on a chalkboard beside him.
EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN ON THE SHOW sits on folding chairs in front of him, in rapt attention.

MOHINDER: Through deciphering my father's formula, I have discovered that Sylar is... everyone here!

EVERYONE looks around in confusion.

PETER: Oh yeah. Remember when we killed and mutilated all those innocent people?

VICTIM WITH HEAD CUT OPEN (Grinning): You guys!

Everyone laughs. Freeze frame. Theme to Perfect Strangers plays. Credits.

Huh. Now it's never going to live up to my expectations.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yep... that pretty much sums it up.

tounge.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I thought that this weeks episode was good, but next week's episode looks GREAT. I can hardly wait. Save the Cheerleader, save the world. HELL YEAH.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads