• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TV Show Heroes

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
Baseless prediction: Peter's power isn't flight, it's absorbing or copying the powers of others - which is why his brother lost control after catching him. I figure the serial killer has the same power, and there's gonna be a SHOWDOWN!

Oh dude... this is GOOD... except for the end of episode 2. Assuming of course that the absorbed power doesn't last indefinitely, anyways.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rewatched the end of episode 2 - and I can't believe it didn't click on the first viewing - but the little stick-figure picture he draws while in the hospital predicts the conversation he later has with his brother on the rooftop. So after encountering the junkie artist, he's sharing that power too.

In my defense it was very late when I watched it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I gave it a B+ this week on the bloggy blog Jason.

approved.

episode 2 was good, I agree a step up from the pilot. The show's pacing works for me, move it too fast and there's no buildup of anticipation. But pace it too slow and you have Smallville. At least we kinda know what the immediate conflict is, the nuclear blast that will hit NYC November 8th...and how they will band together to prevent it.

I still dont know what Ali Larter's power is. the scene where she is in her car then is suddenly at the airport dressed differently didnt register any sense with me.

I liked how they further defined Hiro. He cant teleport after all.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God... that garbage disposal scene... I've always had a weird phobia about that.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/15668250.htm

A St. Louis-area garbage disposal maker has filed a federal lawsuit telling NBC not to rebroadcast the pilot episode of the new show "Heroes."
The lawsuit says the pilot suggests that the Emerson In-Sink-Erator "will cause debilitating and severe injuries, including the loss of fingers, in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."
Heh. We don't have those sink garbage disposals over here. Let's say theoretically you did stick your hand in one, what would happen?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/15668250.htm Heh. We don't have those sink garbage disposals over here. Let's say theoretically you did stick your hand in one, what would happen?
Probably something very similar to what was shown on television. There is at least one, sometimes 2, inch and a half (semi-dull) blades in there that rotate at high speed and torque that chop up food left overs so that they will flush down the drain. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be hurt by sticking your hand into it while it was operating.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

I still dont know what Ali Larter's power is. the scene where she is in her car then is suddenly at the airport dressed differently didnt register any sense with me.

Well obviously her subconcious superpowered ID took over. Duh.

I liked how they further defined Hiro. He cant teleport after all.
How exactly did you come to this conclusion? It looked like he teleported to me, just not to the "time" he thought he was going to. When he realized the mistake, he teleported back to the Tokyo subway car at the same time he left. (yeah I had to check the Tivo to make sure it was the same time)
Remember, he can supposedly control space AND time. So its reasonable to assume that he was concentrating so hard on teleporting to NYC the first time that he neglected to specify a time of arrival. He didn't realize he was five weeks ahead of when he left until the cops mentioned it to him, and his watch was still set for his original timeline.

Unless you caught something I missed.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Unless you caught something I missed.

I interpreted it as him being able to travel thru time but during that time that he's "teleporting" he's in "time limbo", hence his coworker saying that he was missing for the past 5 weeks. Perhaps it took him a long time to get to NYC, so what appeared as instant teleportation actually took 5 weeks for it to occur and his body would be in time limbo while that time travel was occuring, altho to him it seemed instant. I'm probably reaching, but I do like the fact that the show keeps you guessing a bit and nothing is crystal clear about each character's powers.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I interpreted it as him being able to travel thru time but during that time that he's "teleporting" he's in "time limbo", hence his coworker saying that he was missing for the past 5 weeks. Perhaps it took him a long time to get to NYC, so what appeared as instant teleportation actually took 5 weeks for it to occur and his body would be in time limbo while that time travel was occuring, altho to him it seemed instant. I'm probably reaching, but I do like the fact that the show keeps you guessing a bit and nothing is crystal clear about each character's powers.
Yeah, that seems like quite a stretch dude. I mean... According to your theory, it takes a long time for Hiro to teleport from Tokyo to New York. Ok, so when he teleported back at the end of episode 2, he would have arrived BACK on the Tokyo Subway five weeks after nuclear holocaust in NYC. He is then effectively written out of the current storyline, which I can only assume will take the entire season to get to the NYC mushroom cloud stage. It was merely coincidence that the subway clock behind him showed the exact same time when he returned as when he left. I like my theory better, it works better in the storyline, isn't as needlessly complex, and follows the laws of nerd physics.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
By the way, we are total nerds, and its proof positive that God loves us if we ever get laid again...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
not quite, I'm reaching for the theory that he can travel back and forth, but that maybe it's not an instant teleport, the way say Nightcrawler can, and he'd be able to go back to Tokyo at the moment he left because he'd already created a "time stationary point" that he could access immediately.

*******, i'm going to go bug my fiancee and get laid.
tounge.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dug last nite's episode. esp the very last scene where the cheerleader is sitting on the autopsy bed all cut open. and the presence of a villain mutant was due.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet. Its on my DVR. I'll be watching it shortly.

Man In Space

Reaction score
I dug last nite's episode. esp the very last scene where the cheerleader is sitting on the autopsy bed all cut open. and the presence of a villain mutant was due.

I screamed like a girl when they revealed her open chest cavity.

I'm just waiting to see the reaction of the date ****** who thinks he killed her when she shows up for school like nothing ever happened.

Hiro is the coolest.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK... episode went by REALLY quickly, and I didn't feel like anything actually happened. There were some cool moments, as mentioned. but all-in-all... not really action packed.

Plus... WTF was that Nissan Versa shill for? Are they not making enough money by selling traditional advertizing? Do they underestimate my intelligence? Do I ask too many questions?

Downgraded to a C this week.

Man In Space

Reaction score
I agree, the advertising stuck out like a huge mutant sore thumb. It reminded me of the American Idol/Ford commercials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads