• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicola Blasi - What can you tell me about this Neapolitan brand?

williammay

Reaction score
I've had the most beautiful Nicola Blasi blazer for over a year now. It's Dark red blue and black plaid with lighter brown accents. It's brilliantly cut with squared off shoulders, has a strange clown-like red and white image embroidered above Nicola's logo on the interior of the jacket and is made expressly for Enrico Cremieux in SanRemo. Anyone got any information on this? The lining has Nicola Blasi's signature repeated and it is incredibly comfortable, fantastic tailoring. If I could find more from him I wouldn't hesitate to purchase.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicola was Angelo's dad and one of the most prominent Neapolitan tailor. Angelo snr has also passed away a while back. Late in the 80's the Blasi family opened numerous shops around Naples offering MTM and designer brands as compliments to their Bespoke service. The current Angelo Blasi should be a grandchild of the late Angelo snr. I suspect the label Nicola Blasi was created as a tribute to the founder

Edit: I have found further info on this: Nicola was also the name of Angelo snr son (named after the grandfather), whom in 1962 after returning from NYC, funded an RTW factory in Grumo Nevano, a town outside Naples (thus few years before Kiton). The factory and brand went on until 1990, so your coat could have been in that store for 21 years....

Last edited:

Lear

Reaction score
Thanks Williammay and Marcodalondra. Interesting stuff. This overcoat is stunning. You'll just have to imagine what it looks like being worn.

Now where the hell is this extreme cold weather we're supposed to be having? I've never known a January as warm.

codhead

Reaction score

I've had the most beautiful Nicola Blasi blazer for over a year now. It's Dark red blue and black plaid with lighter brown accents. It's brilliantly cut with squared off shoulders, has a strange clown-like red and white image embroidered above Nicola's logo on the interior of the jacket and is made expressly for Enrico Cremieux in SanRemo. Anyone got any information on this? The lining has Nicola Blasi's signature repeated and it is incredibly comfortable, fantastic tailoring. If I could find more from him I wouldn't hesitate to purchase.

If you're looking for another sports coat by Nicola Blasi, I think I can lay my hands on a couple. Mostly DB with the odd SB in the mix but all of them in noble fabrics (silk, Cashmere etc)

Here's a silk tuxedo jacket I have

Last edited:

williammay

Reaction score
Man oh man, Saks got in the mix

http://sakspov.saksfifthavenue.com/...fashion-for-men-made-to-measure-suit-at-saks/

Also, I'm interested in getting another SB Nicola Blasi if you can get your hands on one for not very high price...I'll scavenge eBay. The fabric is what really draws me to this one, it's exquisite. Unfortunately I had the lining replaced in the arms and *********** it up. Anyone know of a great place for sleeve lining in LA?

Last edited:

hbjean

Reaction score
There was a Nicola Blasi store on Camden in Beverly Hills in the 70's. Very expensive gorgeous clothes.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blasi were a legend on Naples as they were among the first who developed rtw to export on I think the 60s.

Their heritors did Sartoria Partenopea, I cooperated doing shirts on the same building but they were sadly out of business last year.

Some forum members visited me there.

Shame because was one of the best Neapolitan brands, also was perhaps the best fit of all them.

carpu65

Reaction score
Nicola Blasi was the son of Angelo Blasi that was one of best tailors in Naples from 1930s to 1980s.
Nicola when was young was send by his father in New York at Saks first avenue bespoke department.
In 1962 Nicola back to Naples and open ABLA,a high end Ready to Wear industry.
For some reason ABLA closed in early 90s (the real tailor shop of Angelo closed in mid 80s).
The bespoke suits of Angelo Blasi were magnificent; he was the exponent of structured Neapolitan school opposite to the "soft" and unstructured Attolini school. The RTW suits of Nicola ABLA were only mediocres compared to real thing. I remember anonymous two buttons rather insignificant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads