• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TV Show Heroes

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Does anybody else feel like this series is moving a bit too slow? Perhaps I just have a short attention span for television shows.

yes yes yes yes yes. they spend maybe 5 minutes on each storyline per epidsode and it's driving me nuts!!!

-Jeff

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

What I'm wondering about is Nikki's son. BOTH his parents have "abilities" so it might stand to reason that the kid can do something too. I wonder what it is, because we haven't seen it yet.

he'll probably end up being the most bad ass dude because of it.

-Jeff

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of this week's episode, I have a new theory.

heroessymbol26e4af2ur1.jpg

=

harris26e7ef2hg6.jpg

Oh, you'll all see that I'm right.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
harris26e7ef2hg6.jpg

Oh, you'll all see that I'm right.

Is it just me, or did anyone else immediately think "Orson Welles"?

Lamo

Reaction score
i have a hitchcock compilation cd with that exact picture on it.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Officer Parkman this week... boooooo!

Still pretty good, though.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No Officer Parkman this week... boooooo!

Still pretty good, though.

Yeah, seriously... Maybe he's still ********** with his wife...
smile.gif

did anyone notice that they keep showing (in commercials, promos, and in brief shots of Issac's paintings) that there is a guy who can create heat/fire from his body? There are brief scenes of him boiling water inside a cup he's holding and etc... Kind of interesting.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
did anyone notice that they keep showing (in commercials, promos, and in brief shots of Issac's paintings) that there is a guy who can create heat/fire from his body? There are brief scenes of him boiling water inside a cup he's holding and etc... Kind of interesting.
I remember hearing - at least, I think - that the character was cut out of the pilot for whatever reason, perhaps recasting, plot etc.. Apparently he's generating radiation.

Anyone wanting a possible/definite Sylar spoiler should check the cast list on IMDB. If it's true, I'm happy.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone wanting a possible/definite Sylar spoiler should check the cast list on IMDB. If it's true, I'm happy.

Haha awesome! Of course, IMDB has been "punk'd" on casting before... so I guess we'll just have to wait n see!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
turns out Ali Larter's husband is Kitty Pryde haha....he even uses the same "stick my hand in you and slightly materialize it to **** you up" attack

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aaaaaah! Just as I got totally friggin enthralled with the plot developments this week, the show was over!

Plenty of Officer Parkman/ "Ted", and Mr. Bennett (HRG)/Issac this week, some Mohinder, some Hiro, SYLAR, and...somebody new!

No Petrelli's, no Nikki.

If one is to believe the preview for next week, everyone comes together to "Save the Cheerleader". Mr Bennett/HRG told Issac that according to his paintings, Claire would be killed "Tomorrow night at Homecoming" by SYLAR.

I can't wait for SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!!!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
good episode! looks like this particular story arc is coming to a resolution before they end up discovering so many superpowered folk that we'll have the JLA vs LoD by year's end.

I take it that "nuclear man" is gonna be killed or something which causes him to explode, taking NYC with him...can't figure out how Claire fits into all that yet

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Last nite was great, really liked the scene where Sylar kills the cheerleader.

Considering how much ground needs to be covered with so many characters, I didnt mind the slower pacing of the past couple weeks and this episode was a nice jolt in the right direction

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was thinking all day, how much fun it would be to write for this show.

What if Peter saved the wrong cheerleader? One DID die you know.
smile.gif

Ugh, the possibilities are endless!

Did anyone notice that my Richard Roundtree info came true last week? It was Simone's father!

Another good episode, and from the brief (and enigmatic) descriptions of the next two shows, I think that next weeks might be a little slower action-wise, with more backstory fill-in, but that the December 4th show is going to be SUHWHEEEEET!

More Chandra Suresh next week, maybe some SYLAR backstory, Peter/Nathan, and Niki.

No Officer Parkman until Dec. 4th...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads