• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Oxxford Cut Apart! Hooray!

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what was a Oxxford Renaissance XXX N2 suit jacket that I bought at NM a few months ago and never wore. This shouldn't be more than a year old
devil.gif

I'm not educated enough to tell you which parts are machine sewn, hand sewn, or sewn by bi-curiously gay elves wielding Singers, so you shall be the judge.

P7051786.jpg

P7051784.jpg

P7051783.jpg

P7051777.jpg

P7051773.jpg

P7051771.jpg

P7051770.jpg

P7051769.jpg

P7051767.jpg

P7051765.jpg

P7051763.jpg

P7051758.jpg

P7051761.jpg

P7051753.jpg

P7051757.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm no expert but that looks like handwork to me. Certainly a hell of a lot more than the Kiton showed.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Here's what was a Oxxford Renaissance XXX N2 suit jacket that I bought at NM a few months ago and never wore. This shouldn't be more than a year old
devil.gif

I think I am going to faint.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh god, how many more must die for the cause??? And this one was so young . . .

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You bought this new several months ago and never wore it? I am protesting your thread on principle.
As an aside, if you have any other OC suits, new, relatlively new, old, relatively old, and they are in a 42-43 PM me and I will gladly take those nasty rags off of your hands to spare them an untimely demise

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorta reminds you of that scene in Letters From Iwo Jima.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Oxxford 2
Kiton 1

There are traces of sewing machine work in there,
but Oxxford never said they don't use sewing mchines!

Keep going baby, the shore is in sight.....

The collar?
Open up the chest piece and padding too.
Is the chest canvass a pre made outsource piece (willing to bet yes, no shop in their right mind would do this stage in house).

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With this brave new sacrifice the board has now entered a totally distorted plane of reality. Brilliantly insane - long may the slicing and dicing continue!
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
wow, i am so inspired to go into my closet and rip apart my hugo boss and emporio armani! although , you may not see much....
and also they are my only suits....

..i mean, this takes our wives saying that we are badly influenced by the forum , to a whole new level.
i mean....theyve already seen us setting our shoes on fire, or putting our shoes in the freezer, or dry cleaning our sock , etc

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I have a Zara blazer that I'd like to cut up. I wonder if there's any hand work on this thing?

Spare it its life, give to the sally ann or the poor, it will serve humanity there more ;-0

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads