• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

SLeiber32

Reaction score
Can't seem to find an answer in this thread as to whether the Authentic and Navigator are the same cut with the Navigator just being a better quality or if there are in fact other differences. Also asked which of the two is considered their warmer coat. Sent the message last Friday and still no reply but when I hear back I'll post the findings in this thread unless someone already knows the answer?

I need to find somewhere in Pittsburgh to try these on because the only good Army/Navy only carries the 8-button "classic". Figuring the fit of this is a bit different although guessing my size may still be the same on another model.

tehdvd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SLeiber32
Can't seem to find an answer in this thread as to whether the Authentic and Navigator are the same cut with the Navigator just being a better quality or if there are in fact other differences. Also asked which of the two is considered their warmer coat. Sent the message last Friday and still no reply but when I hear back I'll post the findings in this thread unless someone already knows the answer?

Well i spoke to michelle from sterlingwear awhile ago and she told me the authentic would be the warmer coat due to the lining.

dls6128

Reaction score
Here's a fit pic I posted in WAYWT a few days ago:
2nbvi9k.jpg
I'm 6'1, 37" chest, with long arms (shirts with 25-26" sleeves fit me best). I sized down to a 34XL.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has jet turned around his views on the pea coat? Cuz that cdg looks hella nice.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jet has not, he is mearly showing you there are other alternatives than the sos

chethondo

Reaction score
Any thoughts on what color to get? Obviously Navy is the classic choice, but any thoughts on black or charcoal.

I was going to go with the Schott 740

jpo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
2nbvi9k.jpg
I'm 6'1, 37" chest, with long arms (shirts with 25-26" sleeves fit me best). I sized down to a 34XL.

which coat is this??? It looks great. It's an awesome slim fit.

Mexicorn

Reaction score
2nbvi9k.jpg

Looks great...but can you move? Also, are you leaving the top button unbuttoned as a preference, or is it too tight buttoned up all the way? I seem to be very close to your build (6'2" 36" chest) but have never had a coat that wasn't boxy/baggy so i'm afraid of getting something too constricting.

whynot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mexicorn
2nbvi9k.jpg

Looks great...but can you move? Also, are you leaving the top button unbuttoned as a preference, or is it too tight buttoned up all the way? I seem to be very close to your build (6'2" 36" chest) but have never had a coat that wasn't boxy/baggy so i'm afraid of getting something too constricting.

Same question. I'm about 6' and chest size is about 37" and I have long arms, such a pain finding shirts and coats. Everything is usually too boxy, or if it fits in the chest it usually winds up being short in the arms and the overall length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads