• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Rug and Carpet Thread

emptym

Reaction score
I contacted the Etsy seller and asked for either a small partial refund or a return. I was hoping they'd go for the refund (11%) since shipping would be a pain and prob more expensive. They gave me the partial refund and were really nice about it.

The ecarpetgallery people (another person called later to see if I was satisfied) were really helpful too.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent acquisition. Somewhat unusual monochrome color scheme for a Caucasian rug, but with a ton of subtle details.

Attachments

• kuba.jpg
    kuba.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 47

shortlefty

Reaction score
General rug brand recommendations? Under $700 if possible? Looking for something kid friendly. Something 9ftx6ft.

krudsma

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a soft bedroom rug? Open to shag or flokata and would like to keep the price under $1k.

And related question: are the plethora of Moroccan based Etsy sellers decent/ethical? I've seen some stuff on there that looks nice but I'm so skeptical of anything on Etsy that isn't vintage, both from a quality and fair labor standpoint.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
General rug brand recommendations? Under $700 if possible? Looking for something kid friendly. Something 9ftx6ft.

I’d go with a flat weave. Should be easier to clean.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

with those dimensions maybe consider cowhide , we got a couple from hidehouse in napa , they work beautifully with kids n pets

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Enjoying this new rug series that Trnk Nyc is carrying.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really getting sucked into Navajo rugs. Unfortunately, the earthy black/tan/grey colorways of most do nothing for me. Much prefer punchier colors and more abstract, geometric designs from the Transitional period.

Bought this one earlier this year, from around 1890:

564406E0-4925-4A45-A399-22DBA2245C53.jpeg

To pair with it in a continuous but segmented space, just bought this one from 1880:

00AB9B02-27AD-470D-8075-29D161369EEA.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how they actually look next to each other. Fingers crossed.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really getting sucked into Navajo rugs. Unfortunately, the earthy black/tan/grey colorways of most do nothing for me. Much prefer punchier colors and more abstract, geometric designs from the Transitional period.

View attachment 2003539

To pair with it in a continuous but segmented space, just bought this one from 1880:

View attachment 2003541

Will be interesting to see how they actually look next to each other. Fingers crossed.

I saw your post about it in the design thread. Nice rug. Where did you buy it from?

How is having a slightly undersized rug working out for you?

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw your post about it in the design thread. Nice rug. Where did you buy it from?

How is having a slightly undersized rug working out for you?

The first one came from Shiprock. The second is from Garland’s.

The size worked out nicely! Actually, makes the space look bigger.

Bespooky

Reaction score
I am interested in learning more about the durability of rugs made with blended wool and bamboo silk (viscose). Some websites say bamboo silk is the best thing ever - durable and stain resistant. Others say it reacts poorly to water and cannot be spot cleaned. I would tend to believe the latter.

But what about when the two are blended together into a single strand? (not referring to a rug that has some areas made of wool and others of bamboo silk). Would a blended rug be more durable and can it be spot cleaned? Also, what is the maximum percentage of bamboo silk I should consider in the blend.

This is for a rug that will be in front of the sofa and TV in the family room. Relatively high traffic and as much as I would like otherwise, there will likely be some spillls.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2003539

View attachment 2003541

Can't believe I missed a post about vintage Navajo weavings. Glad you connected with Shiprock Santa Fe, they are such wonderful people to deal with. Whenever anyone comes to visit us, Shiprock is one of the first stops. It is considered one of, if not the finest gallery, of vintage Navajo weavings in the world. If you see pics of the RRL ranch in Colorado, most of the rugs you see have come from Shiprock.

Hope you are enjoying your rugs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads