• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pronecessitate

Reaction score
The last pair of GMTO I ordered was delayed by 2-3 weeks. When I emailed them to inquire about it, they apologized for the delay by pitching in a pair of shoe trees for free.

Your best bet is to email them to ask.
That is good to know, thanks. I will try to email them then.

yellafella321

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me finalize sizing for some wholecuts on the Elton last?

My perfect shoe is the Carmina Rain in an 11UK - I can make close the v-gap completely if the shoe is VERY tight. Carmina Forest also fits very very well - .25 gap for VERY tight. On the AE5 last, I can fit into a 12D after a LOT of stretching, but a 12E is comfortable out of the box.

At the meermin shop, sadly I only tried shoes on the Hiro last. For a Hiro lasted chukka - I could not go above an 11UK, as the eyelets would close awkwardly. I had no complaints with sizing on an 11UK suede monk strap, but this was suede, which is thinner/stretches a little more. It was "tightly snug", but not painful.

For anyone who is familiar with Elton/Hiro last sizing, what would you recommend for me?

Thanks!

bm93

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me finalize sizing for some wholecuts on the Elton last?

My perfect shoe is the Carmina Rain in an 11UK - I can make close the v-gap completely if the shoe is VERY tight. Carmina Forest also fits very very well - .25 gap for VERY tight. On the AE5 last, I can fit into a 12D after a LOT of stretching, but a 12E is comfortable out of the box.

At the meermin shop, sadly I only tried shoes on the Hiro last. For a Hiro lasted chukka - I could not go above an 11UK, as the eyelets would close awkwardly. I had no complaints with sizing on an 11UK suede monk strap, but this was suede, which is thinner/stretches a little more. It was "tightly snug", but not painful.

For anyone who is familiar with Elton/Hiro last sizing, what would you recommend for me?

Thanks!

I would recommend going with the same size in Elton as your Rain size. In my experience, Rain and Elton have a very similar aesthetic and fit, with Elton being a touch more narrow overall.

Last edited:

Skelnik

Reaction score
Meermin sent out a pair of shoe bags and laces to me on November 8th. They gave me a tracking number for Correos (the Spanish postal service), but the last thing it reports is that the package was given to the international carrier on November 11th. Since then there has been nothing in the tracking notes. I don't want to bother Meermin because they did send it out and the postal services are out of there control so there's really nothing they can do about it, but I'm curious how long it normally takes for something like that to be delivered.

Has anyone ordered anything like that from them and had it take 3 weeks to arrive?

chadagap

Reaction score
Did anyone participate in the MTO order for the oak antique calf Jodhpur boot (model 101499) in August, 2016? This MTO was supposed to have been shipped in early October but it is still pending. They keep pushing the ship date. This is my first MTO order from Meermin. Is this normal with them?

Robert Falls

Reaction score
Did anyone participate in the MTO order for the oak antique calf Jodhpur boot (model 101499) in August, 2016? This MTO was supposed to have been shipped in early October but it is still pending. They keep pushing the ship date. This is my first MTO order from Meermin. Is this normal with them?
I'm still waiting for a split toe that was supposed to ship in October, so I assume this is normal. This is also my first MTO from them and I have ordered many others due in Nov. and Dec. which I doubt will deliver then.

John15

Reaction score
My problem with Meermin is that they are pretty uncomfortable. For me it´s a very reasonable value for money.

likenoother

Reaction score
Is anyone known with the shearling lined boots? Will they look larger due to their special lining. Meermin says 'During production, we have modified our last in order to accomodate the lining & do not modify the fitting from our HIRO last at all.'

I guess I would go for the boots in Polo Suede on GMTO but the lack of the storm welt...

Last edited:

CDRiis

Reaction score
Is anyone known with the shearling lined boots? Will they look larger due to their special lining. Meermin says 'During production, we have modified our last in order to accomodate the lining & do not modify the fitting from our HIRO last at all.'

I guess I would go for the boots in Polo Suede on GMTO but the lack of the storm welt...[/

The polo ones aren't shearling lined. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads