• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nelsonchan27

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just received my first Meermin purchase and I am in love with them!
laugh.gif

So I have a question for you guys after trying them on:

I am a usually a UK7.5 (e.g. Loakes capital) so I ordered a pair of 7.5 (which they also recommended), but I feel like there is a slight slippage while trying on them bare feet. Having said that, they felt very snug with dress socks on.

Would you guys suggest any remedies for this issue? Or maybe the problem will go away after the shoes are broken into?

Here are my unprofessionally taken photos, please enjoy!

Jarmo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just received my first Meermin purchase and I am in love with them!
laugh.gif

So I have a question for you guys after trying them on:

I am a usually a UK7.5 (e.g. Loakes capital) so I ordered a pair of 7.5 (which they also recommended), but I feel like there is a slight slippage while trying on them bare feet. Having said that, they felt very snug with dress socks on.

Would you guys suggest any remedies for this issue? Or maybe the problem will go away after the shoes are broken into?

Here are my unprofessionally taken photos, please enjoy!
I had a bit of a slippage problem myself and I bought a pair of these http://www.verticalinsoles.com/insoles/2-achilles-shield.html They are supremely comfortable when going sockless, they increase the tightness of the fit just that tad bit and make the slippage problem disappear. I highly recommend these or something similar.

hindi ako

Reaction score

Picked up these on ebay for 60 gbp. Normally I'd take a UK9, went for a 8.5. Toes are tight but my heel is slipping slightly. A 9 would be too big and an 8 too tight, so just hoping the toes stretch them out a little bit.

EdDoc

Reaction score

I have some interest in this as well. AE has me at 9D on the 65 last. Interested in Meermin's Elton, Olfe, New Rey lasts.

I can share my two cents on sizing, although I have a narrower foot. I wear a 10.5 C in AE's 5 last, and I find the Meermin 9.5 Olfe last fits me very well. It would probably work for a D width but be too tight for an E width. Meermin says Elton last is similar to Olfe, but New Rey is narrower and Hiro a touch wider, although I haven't tried them on. Elton will likely be my next pick up.

riton

Reaction score
I had a bit of a slippage problem myself and I bought a pair of these http://www.verticalinsoles.com/insoles/2-achilles-shield.html They are supremely comfortable when going sockless, they increase the tightness of the fit just that tad bit and make the slippage problem disappear. I highly recommend these or something similar.

didn't know these exist. Thanks for sharing.

Here are my 12 pairs of Meermin shoes. Soon 13 with a gold museum calf double monk scheduled for June 16. debating about getting the navy museum calf double monk also.....

fyi, I have black oxfords too but not from Meermin.

I wish Meermin offer some grey calf shoes

From top to bottom and left to right :

- shearling lined cap toe dark brown napa calf derby boots
- mixed oak calf and grained dark brown calf derby boots
- mixed burgundy smooth and grained calf balmoral boots
- navy suede chukka boots
- dark brown museum calf linea maestro
- burgundy naturcalf norwegian stiching linea maestro
- brown long wing brogue
- dark brown suede tassel loafer
- brown suede penny loafer
- navy suede penny loafer
- burgundy/brown double monk
- navy suede double monk

What do you think about my "collection" ? anything I should add ^^?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impressive collection! :slayer:

Usonian

Reaction score
You make me feel so much more sane for wanting all of the navy options that Meermin has. I too have the navy chukkas and they are probably the favorite among my small collection. either way, solid group you have up there.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collection, congrats. I would consider the NST of Linea Maestro; I checked them at the shop and it seems a really good shoe.

In your experience, what would you say are the main differences between LC and LM (not taking into consideration the construcction )?. Do they have the same quality of outsoles?. The finishings?. Better shape of the last?. Thanks.

Win545

Reaction score
I think meermin's version of single monkstrap will look better if their buckles are not that thick, big, and squarish. Anybody have the same opinion? GMTO time for the monkstrap almost ends though, if anyone is interested.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think meermin's version of single monkstrap will look better if their buckles are not that thick, big, and squarish. Anybody have the same opinion? GMTO time for the monkstrap almost ends though, if anyone is interested.

Could not agree more. Beautiful looking shoe but the buckle is garish.

bm93

Reaction score

I'm typically not a fan of single monks for that reason, though I do love double monks. I also prefer for the buckle to be positioned more to the side and tucked away. I was able to pick up a pair of Linea Maestro monks secondhand that had a small buckle tucked away and to the side, and it's a great look IMO.

Danitch

Reaction score
Hello!
I need help of experts.
I want to buy meermine balmoral boots with Hiro last, but are only available in 8.5UK and 9.5UK.

Usually i wear loake Capital 9F and Colt 9F.
They are a little big (about 0.5 size), but I use them as winter shoes, with thick socks.
With thin socks loake Penin 8,5G ideal for me.
The length of my foot 263 mm, the width of my foot 101mm. I drew my leg and I put here.

Meermin gives this information about the Hiro last:

L 301 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK
W 106 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK
L 284 mm last insole 8.5UK
W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK
Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK

L 305mm shoe outsole 9UK
W 107mm shoe outsole 9UK
L 288mm shoe insole 9UK
W 103mm last insole 9UK
Foot 27,2 cm 9UK

Tell me, should I take a chance with 8,5UK or better to forget about them?
I will wear them with thin socks.

aneki

Reaction score
I just got the Linea Maestro in a UK 9 as per Meermin's recommendation for my 27cm foot. When I put them on, they sit firmly on the foot, with some issue actually stepping into them. There is however, some minor heel slippage when walking, but I feel an UK 8.5 might be too small, especially in the toe box (they are already pretty small there now).

Is there usually a difference after breaking the shoe in, does it get better or worse and how much heel slippage would you accept, if any?

Oh, and do they need to be polished straight out of the box?

Last edited:

ArticEngineer

Reaction score
I just got the Linea Maestro in a UK 9 as per Meermin's recommendation for my 27cm foot. When I put them on, they sit firmly on the foot, with some issue actually stepping into them. There is however, some minor heel slippage when walking, but I feel an UK 8.5 might be too small, especially in the toe box (they are already pretty small there now).

Is there usually a difference after breaking the shoe in, does it get better or worse and how much heel slippage would you accept, if any?

Oh, and do they need to be polished straight out of the box?

My Linea Maestro's had heal slippage for the first week or so even though they were snug on my foot. Once the sole had broken in the heel slippage went away completely and haven't had any problems since.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads