• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

free2hear

Reaction score
Totally just guessing here, I have no experience with this, but seeing as the elastic is fabric, I'd just lather up some soap, maybe suede shampoo just to be safe if it gets on the shoe, and just work it out with your hands? It works in my head.

Thanks Usonian, i was just about to try some alcohol (carefully...).

Usonian

Reaction score
Thanks Usonian, i was just about to try some alcohol (carefully...).
No problemo. Yeah, I feel like shampoo would be easier on everything, but if the soap doesn't work, a diluted mixture of alcohol would probably loosen up whatever crusties have built up on it.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think I'd just gently scrape it off with a knife. But worth trying something else first.

sean anon

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of the group MTO boots in the Hiro last. I have closed lace shoes in the same last that fit well but I wear with dress socks. With thicker socks they feel odd but I'm not sure if it's the size or just the lacing. Would the fit be somewhat different in boots? I'm not sure if I should size up.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing Question

Is there a wiki on this? If not,

10D on Marlow Penny Loafer (perfect fit)

9.5UK on Carmina Rain last (a bit loose)

10.5D on AE 5 last (a bit too long)

9UK on CJ 337 last (a bit tight for one foot)

What size Hiro last?

Last edited:

Ritful

Reaction score
Does this work with suede?

I saw a little bit of glue on one of my new boots, not very noticeable but I'd rather get rid of it.

I've never tried it on suede, I can't think of a good reason it would discolor or damage it though. It worked great at removing the glue that was on a pair of Meermins that were lined in Sheep shearling.

After looking at the bottle I have it does state not to use on suede or leather.

Last edited:

sean anon

Reaction score

Sizing Question

What size Hiro last?

9.5 in the Hiro last but keep in mind I already wear closed lace shoes in this size that fit but am looking at more casual boots now

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

9.5 in the Hiro last but keep in mind I already wear closed lace shoes in this size that fit but am looking at more casual boots now

thanks!

sean anon

Reaction score
I though you were replying to my question. I'm not advising you get a 9.5 although that may well be your size actually

Usonian

Reaction score
Anyone with the Lug sole know how noticeable it is? I'm torn between the oak chukka MTO and the dark brown chukka. I need a leather boot with a rubber sole for the winter/fall/i guess early spring? I'm a big fan of sleekness, and the rubber sole on the dark brown chukkas looks pretty unobtrusive. I don't want to look tactical with commando boots on, but I think I prefer the oak leather over the dark brown. It seems more versatile, which is what I'm going for here.

Thanks!

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sizing Question

What size Hiro last?

How is Rain last a bit loose? Instep? Heel? Forefoot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics