• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
public service on sizing from Meermin - i am not wholly convinced i shouldn't go down to a 9, especially given suede streching, bit I gotta go with what they say. Will be trying my first pair with those awesome green suede loafers.:

---

From the information you've provided us, we do recommend you to wear a size 9.5 UK.

Thanks again for your interest & just let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Meermin Mallorca Shoes
E · www.meermin.es

--------------
I need sizing advice on the Green Ron-last GMTO string loafer. I wear a US10.5E on the AE-5 last and a UK9.5E on the C&J 348 last. Should i order a 9 or a 9.5?

gator88

Reaction score
Another help with sizing question.

I was sized as a 10.5 B at an Allen Edmonds store. Fit pretty well, a smidge loose in the back.

What size do you all think I would be in the Hiro last? Has anyone had success with Meermin with a narrower foot? (open to other suggestions in this price range if the answer is a no)

Should I go 9.5UK or size down further to 9UK since there is no narrow width?

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope Meermin one day would make also a couple of derby or boots GMTO without that OMNIPRESENT storm welt...

Last edited:

gator88

Reaction score
Another help with sizing question.

I was sized as a 10.5 B at an Allen Edmonds store. Fit pretty well, a smidge loose in the back.

What size do you all think I would be in the Hiro last? Has anyone had success with Meermin with a narrower foot? (open to other suggestions in this price range if the answer is a no)

Should I go 9.5UK or size down further to 9UK since there is no narrow width?
Any help from someone with a narrow foot would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought an 8UK Hiro Derby, I actually really like the shoes... I wear an AE 5 Last in 9C (ideally), could probably go to a B on a blutcher style 5 last.

I have a low instep, bony low volume forefoot, and a narrow low volume midfoot and heel. Forefoot width is a C/D but low volume (flat)

An 8UK Hiro was too large in the heel. I added a tongue pad, helped some but not enough. They are for sale.
I could probably squeeze in a 7.5 Hiro, but I'd be more inclined to go with an 8UK on a narrower Elton last. Seems like the only narrower last in RTW they are offering.

I would skip the Hiro last, especially if a B width was too wide in the rear. The length is the same as the 5 last IMO.
If you have any toe room in that 10.5B 5 last, drop 1.5 sizes in Meermin. Try the Elton, although I have no experience. My Best guess would be 9UK Elton.

gator88

Reaction score
I bought an 8UK Hiro Derby, I actually really like the shoes... I wear an AE 5 Last in 9C (ideally), could probably go to a B on a blutcher style 5 last.

I have a low instep, bony low volume forefoot, and a narrow low volume midfoot and heel. Forefoot width is a C/D but low volume (flat)

An 8UK Hiro was too large in the heel. I added a tongue pad, helped some but not enough. They are for sale.
I could probably squeeze in a 7.5 Hiro, but I'd be more inclined to go with an 8UK on a narrower Elton last. Seems like the only narrower last in RTW they are offering.

I would skip the Hiro last, especially if a B width was too wide in the rear. The length is the same as the 5 last IMO.
If you have any toe room in that 10.5B 5 last, drop 1.5 sizes in Meermin. Try the Elton, although I have no experience. My Best guess would be 9UK Elton.

Thank you for the help.

TheFluffer

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I've been browsing though the mind numbing 800+ pages and loved what i saw of Meermin.

A quick question of those who have their monks- how do they accommodate higher insteps like mine. Im generally a G width fitting- but on the border as i can fit into F ones but derbies.

As the monks i see right now are made in their Hiro last- medium width as i've emailed Meermin, do they fit comfortably?

Cheers guys.

Regards.
Daniel.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
Double monks from a couple years back. Before they only offered in pebble.

Apologies for the undone straps, not particularly my style. Slipped these on real quick for a photo. Forgot to take a picture in the sunshine.

Last edited:

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

They look amazing, Ross. Love the darkened toe.

Thanks. The patina is really just a byproduct of polishing over time. As with all my shoes, I use Saphir products. Pays off.
Meermin really represents a great value. I own shoes 5X the cost of these and highly encourage anyone interested in Meermin to give them a shot.

Yowzer

Reaction score
^ It looked more like the toe was darkened deliberately? Interesting that the patina did that. Looks good.

Last edited:

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Thanks. The patina is really just a byproduct of polishing over time. As with all my shoes, I use Saphir products. Pays off.
Meermin really represents a great value. I own shoes 5X the cost of these and highly encourage anyone interested in Meermin to give them a shot.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

^ It looked more like the toe was darkened deliberately?  Interesting that the patina did that. Looks good.

Just the way I polish I guess. Reno, #3 cream, then #3 wax. The whole shoe is treated. Obviously the most focus goes to the toebox and heel, as they don't bend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads