• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blackadder

Reaction score
It's not an issue right now, but how does one go about getting a meermin shoe resoled? Can any cobbler do it, and how much would it cost? Has anyone had to resole a pair yet?

ML594806

Reaction score
I´m off to Madrid on a pretty quick same day return business trip this week and I´m considering paying a visit to Meermin to buy a pair of their cordovans. Any comments on quality? Are they worth buying?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I´m off to Madrid on a pretty quick same day return business trip this week and I´m considering paying a visit to Meermin to buy a pair of their cordovans. Any comments on quality? Are they worth buying? 

I would go to Carmina store as horween cordovan is worth up charge. Also believe sale is going on at Carmina

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any cordovan when I was in the Meermin store earlier this month - but I wasn't looking for it either. The store is pretty small though. A couple blocks up the same street is Carmina. Once you go in there you won't be able to leave without buying something..:happy:

ML594806

Reaction score
I didn't see any cordovan when I was in the Meermin store earlier this month - but I wasn't looking for it either. The store is pretty small though. A couple blocks up the same street is Carmina. Once you go in there you won't be able to leave without buying something..
happy.gif

I was relying on their website:

http://www.meermin.es/catalogo2.php?id=9

Since they are both run by the same family I thought it was worth checking at least. If I go to Carmina I'll end up buying another pair of shoes from them for sure. I'm in love with them and with their customer services. They pretty much redid a pair of shoes I ruined in an accident the very first day I tried them on and they looked as good as new.

How much of a sale is going on at Carmina's at the moment?

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah we've had this debate before, I am sure we all concluded last time that they are not the same family.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same family, different family members at the head of each company. Companies have no affiliation with each other, and produce shoes in different factories.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Carmina and Meermin are not run by the same family, fyi. The similar last name is a coincidence

They are not?

Yeah we've had this debate before, I am sure we all concluded last time that they are not the same family.

they are family, they are just not associated business-wise nor even on a personal level from what I have heard (inner family squabbling as such, but that is hearsay).......read the second paragraph in the link below, which comes directly from Pepe's mouth

http://www.claymoorslist.com/portfolios/pepe-albaladejo-meermin

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ They are the same family, they just don't have anything else to do with each other than that. Two entirely separate brands, both run by members of the Albaladejo family. Some of the Albaladejos who run Carmina and Meermin used to work together on Yanko (who was huge back in the days, made like a million pair of shoes a year. As a comparison the largest quality shoe brand today, Allen Edmonds, make 500 000 shoes a year, and in the whole world it's about 1,2 million pairs made each year) but that brand went bankrupt in the beginning of the new millennium (bought up by Antonio Llobera in 2007 I think and now on track again making good shoes for good prices, kind of in the middle between Meermin and Carmina).

Edit: Justin beat me to it :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads