• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for the Perfect Leather Blazer

Sam Rajput

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for the perfect leather blazer, but I'm having trouble finding one that fits my style and budget. I'm looking for something versatile enough to wear to both casual and formal events, and I want it to be made from high-quality materials so it will last for years.

After doing some research, I came across this leather blazer from Fjackets. It looks like it has everything I'm looking for, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this brand or if they have any other recommendations.

Here's a link to the blazer I'm considering: (Product link)

320639181_878391086914675_1764332875276622690_n.jpg

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can give me. Thanks in advance!

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$189 does not buy a quality leather jacket. It’s almost certainly made in Asia of poor materials that will look cheap despite what you see in product pix.

Also lambskin is mostly used in women’s wear because it is soft and thin, and because women tend to churn through fashions quickly so durability and longevity is less of an issue.

You’ll need to spend at least $1,000 for a good jacket made of quality calf or steer leather.

rjc149

Reaction score
Usually, if you're hunting for something that is both good quality and not in current fashion, and you have a limited budget, you'd be best looking through vintage shops or Ebay.

Leather blazers are a 1970's throwback and not a versatile item -- casual only. Wearing one to a formal event would be very tacky.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’d you have the money, I would suggest getting in touch with Johnson Leathers in San Francisco. They will make the jacket to your specs, your fit and using the materials of your choosing.

Hopefully they will also guide you towards a style a little more modern, that still incorporates some of the features of the blazer that you like. I’ve seen a really cool Cossack-blazer hybrid they made a few years ago.

marimichel

Reaction score
In the same price range as the one from Fjackets, you can get your leather blazer from Leather Cult(https://www.leathercult.com/). They are a Pakistani manufacturer, that specialize in replica jackets from TV- shows and movies. What is nice though, is that for the low price, you can actually choose your preferred leather in any shade and quality mark and they do customizations for you. Never ordered one myself, but I have heard good feedback about the quality from reliable sources.
If you want to invest more but still get it off the rack, have a look at Italian leather brands, f.e D'Arienzo. Here are some blazers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads