• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

markfjh

Reaction score
Hi guys! been lurking around for awhile now and loving the two group MTOs for the dark brown museum calf.

I read somewhere in the thread that meermin is thinking of making this a permanent LM RTW model? If this is true, does anyone know when it is likely to happen or are people keen to start a 3rd GMTO? lol. loving the brass initials at the bottom of the soles, don't think we get to do that with the RTW right?

MikkelM

Reaction score
Thank you for the advices.

I agree with the comments, that I might need something else than dark brown.

I actually already have a pair of black oxfords lined up for purchase. Also I'm sure Rui is the only Meermin last for me.

I'm now trying to decide between the tan longwing I listede or these blue suede shoes:

However there seems to be very little information anywhere on the classic collection - casual models. Can anybody vouch for this nacy rapello suede?

Last edited:

Stiva

Reaction score
Quite right Osiris. There's been a bit a confusing Spanish footwear merchants going around at the moment. Thanks, MG.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of black cap toe oxfords from the classic line. The leather is quite stiff and I can barely flex the single leather sole with my hands. I visited the Meermin trunk show in NYC and tried on a pair that really didn't have any of these issues. Do these shoes just need some serious breaking in? To be honest, I've never seen a pair of new shoes this stiff.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

any of you interested in boot like this through meermin. It could be either Black, Dark Brown Museum or depending on the number of people interested in multiple colors. I would prefer Hiro last but maybe we can have multiple lasts too.
@terrorsquad what do you think?

Last edited:

golfinz

Reaction score
^ My classic line monks were really stiff the first day I got them so much so that they felt very cheap (ie: I much preferred my cole haans to them and they didn't compare to my AE's) but they finally softened up after the second wear. I love the looks and the cost/value ratio is great so we shall see how they age. I do have to say that their responsiveness via email is great and everyone over there is very polite. My buying experience was very smooth and will not hesitate ordering from them again

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

any of you interested in boot like this through meermin. It could be either Black, Dark Brown Museum or depending on the number of people interested in multiple colors. I would prefer Hiro last but maybe we can have multiple lasts too.
@terrorsquad what do you think?

I'd be interested depending on what museums are available

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Sirs!

We hope you are doing great!

Is great to see the growing interest in Meermin Mallorca & this time we would like to thank you, again, for your support. Its great to see the thread growing day after day, and you are the ones who made this possible.

As you may now, for the moment we are not able to be more present here, and be able to help you more regularly, but we thought it will be a good idea to keep you updated at least, of what we have just released:

The #101509 our new Full brogue wingtip oxford in black calf. The popular #101482 brogued cap toe dress oxford, now in black calf and rubber soles. And finally, to complete this selection, our #101477 balmoral boot in black calf & black grain shaft that will be introduced soon.

All of them are made on the classic Hiro last & are paired with a rubber sole, making them very versatile shoes!

This coming weeks & months will be very interesting at the same time as stressful here at the factory, since many new styles & colors will be introduced; new loafers, the new crust offerings, new boots along with new colors, many new ladies... Moreover, we are working on a brand new website & in a new automated updating system, in order to have to as updated as possible.

We would like to thank you again for all your support & patience!

Best regards,

- The Meermin team -

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: [email protected]
MTO inquiries please email us at [email protected]

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
A basic jodhpur would be so much more useful.
I always wondered how jodhpur's fit. Are they like an loose boot?
I really like my lace ups since I can em really tight.

Also if you make meermin make those ones they are going to have to make an new template. Which means time/work... That means that you can an expect a 25 person minimum atleast. Good luck getting that. But Ask pepe anyway maybe he will say yes.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always wondered how jodhpur's fit. Are they like an loose boot?
I really like my lace ups since I can em really tight. 

Also if you make meermin make those ones they are going to have to make an new template. Which means time/work... That means that you can an expect a 25 person minimum atleast.  Good luck getting that. But Ask pepe anyway maybe he will say yes.

They fit like regular dress shoes / boots. You just cinch the belt tighter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads