• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AQstar

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just recieved a pair of Linea Maestro Black Freudenberg Calf delivered today. The uppers of the shoes were with great detail and fine quality. However, the bottom of the shoe sole I noticed that there is a crack line which seems as if they have not line it together properly. Is this normal or should I send them back to be replaced.

Thanks in advance!

Cunrad

Reaction score

I'm surprised that there aren't more posts/photos of the recent museum calf MTOs (plum + dark brown).

I suppose this means that there aren't any major dramas this time around... 

How are the people finding their new shoes?

Mine have not arrived yet, but my brother got his the Friday after christmas. They look stunning and appear to have no major flaws.
I could post pics if you like.

Eddie916

Reaction score
Ordered two pairs, one for me and one for my brother about a month ago.
Took a few weeks for the shoes to be made, but once they were ready to ship, they only took four days to get from Spain to California.

My pair is perfect, but the pair for my brother is a half size too big.
Returning is probably out of the question, since it will be at least $100 in shipping both ways.

So... I have the cognac punched cap toe oxford (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4142) in 9UK. He wears a 9.5E in AE last 5 but has a wider foot, so Luisa suggested the size up from the 8.5.

Any suggestions on the fit or does anyone want to buy these or trade for the same shoe in 8.5UK or an AE McAllister, Strand, or Fifth Avenue in 9.5E?

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Have you tried both the Hiro and Olfe? I thought they were very similar sizing wise.

** Or did you mean that you just hope the Hiro is more accommodating to your foot?

I take a half size bigger in Olfe versus the Hiro. But I appear to be an exception.

Rev0

Reaction score
Mine have not arrived yet, but my brother got his the Friday after christmas. They look stunning and appear to have no major flaws.
I could post pics if you like.

It would be great if you could post some photos, particularly if they are the plum museum plain-toe Adelaide as I have yet to see these anywhere.

I'm still waiting on mine too, but I thought most others had received them by now.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just recieved a pair of Linea Maestro Black Freudenberg Calf delivered today. The uppers of the shoes were with great detail and fine quality. However, the bottom of the shoe sole I noticed that there is a crack line which seems as if they have not line it together properly. Is this normal or should I send them back to be replaced.

Thanks in advance!

I think that would not jeopardize the shoe. I would keep them.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Will meermin take returns on MTO items if they do not fit you? (I know I would have to pay return shipping.)

konda

Reaction score
JHC. Of course they don't. You don't order a car and then return it for a refund just because you ordered the wrong color.

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Ok just making sure.
If there are defects in the MTO shoe. Will they then make a refund? (Just want to cover my bases.)

leetpuma

Reaction score
I saw a post on page 420 of this massive thread for the physical sizes for the Hiro (aka RON-loafer) last
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-mallorca-shoes/6285#post_6390745
Quote:
My question is my foot is 27 cm long. I wear an 9D/C in AE last 5 comfortably.

The advice I've gotten to this point from Meermin and other kind folks was:
AE5 9D -> Meermin Hiro 8UK

But looking at that chart the foot space for an 8UK is 26.4. (too small)
And even an 8.5 is 26.8cm (also too small)

With my 27 cm foot I would have to have to size up to at least 9UK using that logic.
But that cannot be right. Is that last sizing chart just bogus?

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:
For any one that reads this what I was doing wrong is sizing by length first. Size by width first and then look for length. That and this chart I found was a bit screwy. See the below for an better Hiro example of widths.

For the Hiro Last with Widths:
L 298mm shoe sole 8UK.
W 105mm shoe sole 8UK.
L 281mm last 8UK.
W 101mm last 8UK.
Feet 26,3 cm 8UK
--------------------------------------------------
L 301mm shoe sole 8,5UK.
W 108mm shoe sole 8,5UK.
L 285mm last 8,5UK.
W 103mm last 8,5UK.
Feet 26,9 cm 8,5UK

Last edited:

konda

Reaction score
Ok just making sure.
If there are defects in the MTO shoe. Will they then make a refund? (Just want to cover my bases.)

Well most likely no if the defects are similar to those described in this thread in general. If more severe, they will most likely ask you to send the shoes back for repair and they'll cover the return shipping. They do have some QC so the shoes should not have more than minor defects in any case.

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Well most likely no if the defects are similar to those described in this thread in general. If more severe, they will most likely ask you to send the shoes back for repair and they'll cover the return shipping. They do have some QC so the shoes should not have more than minor defects in any case.
Ok that is also reasonable. Thank you for your help
cheers.gif

REguy

Reaction score

I saw a post on page 420 of this massive thread for the physical sizes for the Hiro (aka RON-loafer) last
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-mallorca-shoes/6285#post_6390745

My question is my foot is 27 cm long. I wear an 9D/C in AE last 5 comfortably.

The advice I've gotten to this point from Meermin and other kind folks was:
AE5 9D -> Meermin Hiro 8UK

But looking at that chart the foot space for an 8UK is 26.4. (too small)
And even an 8.5 is 26.8cm (also too small)

With my 27 cm foot I would have to have to size up to at least 9UK using that logic.
But that cannot be right. Is that last sizing chart just bogus?

What am I doing wrong?

Just my experience, but I tend to wear 10.5D everything in AE. I wear a 9.5UK Hiro and Olfe. Hiro is perfect. Olfe is slightly long, but I couldn't go down or they'd be too tight.

p.henrik

Reaction score

Ok that is also reasonable. Thank you for your help :cheers:

Real defects yeah, but as konda pointed out not if they are very minor as some of the issues posted here. You can return the RTW collection for whatever reason, but not MTOs.

This will be the my third pair of Meermin after Terror's Ilcea cap toes and a classic line blue suede wholecuts (I returned a pair of black LM wholecuts as New Rey wasn't pleasurable to my eye or foot). I've been lucky with no QC issues on my pairs and am willing to risk it given the price level and the fact that were just getting an existing model in a different color.

Still waiting for answer from Pepe on the MTO, but it's only been 24h.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads