• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

techaview

Reaction score
My meermin arrive...

Classic Line captoe with broguing and medallion

Classic Line Navy suede tassel loafer

Both sizing is just right for me. After inspection, doesn't really find any imperfection. Cheers guys!

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
hi everyone.
If i buy size US10.5 on nike shoes(HK), which size shall i buy on Meermin shoes???

I do not think you are going to be able to guess your size from Nike shoes. They are just too variable in size. Try to find some dress shoes at an mall in an near by town. For the USA allen Edmonds and Alden are the only two that are consistent enough to compare against

philcks

Reaction score
I do not think you are going to be able to guess your size from Nike shoes. They are just too variable in size. Try to find some dress shoes at an mall in an near by town. For the USA allen Edmonds and Alden are the only two that are consistent enough to compare against
maybe i tell u my foot about 28.5cm, thin foot.

leetpuma

Reaction score
maybe i tell u my foot about 28.5cm, thin foot.

It is most important to fit your width first and then see if you length matches up. With most of these shoes since they are aggressively cut you will have 1-2 cm extra in the toe box. So that is an non-issue.

So I don't know what you consider "thin". Is that A,B, or C thin? A/B thin generally start with the New Ray last
C is most versatile and can fit many lasts

But I still feel like raw measurements are not going to help you enough to be sized correctly. at least without some back and forth on the shipping.

adampaul

Reaction score
I've been through this thread countless times, and it's starting to make my head swim. I really like Linea Maestro model 102461, but I keep waffling on the Olfe last. In brillopad's comparison photo between Olfe and Hiro, I keep thinking the Olfe last looks too pointy for my taste. But then I see some of you guys' other photos (in addition to Meermin's own photo of the various lasts), and I think the Olfe looks great, not too pointy and not too rounded, just a classic shoe shape. But I think I'm liking the the Hiro better. Am I exaggerating the difference between the two?

(edited for words)

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
The Nike to Meermin size conversion sounds epic and is a definite winner.

lol If we somehow manage to crack that puzzle Meermin should send us free shoes for all the "new" business it will be getting.
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really my cup of tea for a dressy boot like this.

Are you still in Laufer in current set-up?

No I am not. I have reached the boiling point with meermin. I ordered a pair wingtip from Meermin on October 30th, linea mastro Olfe last in burgundy. It was pictured with double sole then changed to single sole, I was promised shipment within 30 days. I have never ever heard anything from Meemin since. I have cancelled this order today. Frankly I am done with Meermin, it's too much I am not going to beg Meermin to take my money.

leetpuma

Reaction score
I've been through this thread countless times, and it's starting to make my head swim. I really like Linea Maestro model 102461, but I keep waffling on the Olfe last. In brillopad's comparison photo between Olfe and Hiro, I keep thinking the Olfe last looks too pointy for my taste. But then I see some of you guys' other photos (in addition to Meermin's own photo of the various lasts), and I think the Olfe looks great, not too pointy and not too rounded, just a classic shoe shape. But I think I'm liking the the Hiro better. Am I exaggerating the difference between the two?

(edited for words)

I think you should not be looking for what is your "taste" you should be looking for which one will fit you better.
Quote:
If your instep is large go with the Hiro if it is lower/normal go with the Olfe.

At the end of the day you are looking for fitting. Looking good comes second.

adampaul

Reaction score
I think you should not be looking for what is your "taste" you should be looking for which one will fit you better.

If your instep is large go with the Hiro if it is lower/normal go with the Olfe.

At the end of the day you are looking for fitting. Looking good comes second.

You make good points. I got caught up in the aesthetic look/shape of the lasts instead of what will fit better. And none of them are unpleasing, just my personal perferences. The trouble is, I have no idea which last(s) fit my feet best. Meermin doesn't offer my preferred style on different lasts without going MTO (and I was trying to avoid the extra cost, at least my wife would like me to avoid it). Now if the model I like fits my foot, great. But if it doesn't...I suppose I could order a second pair in a style I like, even if less preferred, keep the one that fits better and sell the other (not really interested in return shipping). I do like the Linea Maestro split toes (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4137) which are on Hiro (although I'm more partial to quarter-brogues (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2724) and semi-brogues). Shipping cost for two pairs is the same as for one pair, correct?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't know I had a low instep until Dean Girling measured me up has made a big difference in the way I purchase shoes.

Would you compare New Rey and Olfe to the Carmina Simpson last?

leetpuma

Reaction score
I didn't know I had a low instep until Dean Girling measured me up has made a big difference in the way I purchase shoes.

Would you compare New Rey and Olfe to the Carmina Simpson last?
Do you (Or anyone else) know how to measure if you have an lower or higher than average instep?

Is there an chart to what average is?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no idea. Are there any good shops close where you can get measured? Leatherfoot in Toronto also did a great job of giving me proper measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads