• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

punched burgundy oxford looks great, MTO?

Just to clarify the Punched Cap Oxford in burgundy is actually second from the right, not the far right one.

The far right one is a sample that they made and is not in the production line.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
Are they selling actual shoes in NY right now? Would be great if I could snag a pair of lighter color tassels without paying $40 for shipping.

JayH

Reaction score
punched burgundy oxford looks great, MTO?

So, after about what seems like 2 months total of receiving my first pair, returning to Meermin, and just today picking up the new pair, I can say I am pretty happy seeing how the latter fits my feet. I am a Hiro size UK 8.
redface.gif

I do not see anything wrong with the pair i.e. cosmetic flaws. My big toe and pinky toe are not pinching. Fits snug but not tight, so, I imagine they will stretch out just enough upon multiple wears.

Question, what shoe trees did you guys find best? I inserted some old cedar shoe trees I picked up from random shops and it did not fit the last that well. Appreciate any suggestions.

Will give these about 2 weeks wear (rotating in between) before deciding whether I want to go MTO, or another classic pair. The Hiro shape I find quite nice. The next narrower last, Olfe, I may need to size up 2 from my usual UK 7.5,
I purchased the Meermin ones. I have to say that they fill out the shoe very well!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions

after a day of wear my right foot is getting some pinching around the side of my pinky toe. bearable, i hope it stretches enough. feels fine when im talking or standing up.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to meet Pepe and Luisa (I believe). Pepe is a truly genuine, nice man

It was great to try on different lasts and see some of the great shoes in person. Picked up something for me and the missus, I may grab another pair tomorrow, when I head to the trunk show.

I grabbed these

Wife got these, in a dark brown, with leather sole

And may grab these, they are great looking, in person.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those experienced with Meermin . . . . what last is equivalent to Carmina simpson ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads