• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silhouette

Reaction score
^ The Olfe will not fit you if you are of E width.

What do you suggest E width in 348 resembles in cm? And analogous for Olfe? I.e. are E width meant for feet <10 cm in width? Or is it the girth of ball, girth of ankle that play the most important roles in estimating? I hope the questions make any sense.

Xristo

Reaction score

Some real photos:

I have the exact same pair on order.

I think the colour in these photos look nothing like the colour depicted on Meermins website. Did you find this was the case, or is it just your camera? im tempted to cancel my order now - they still look great but not the colour i thought i was originally going to get.

Thanks for uploading the pics.

Last edited:

MikkelM

Reaction score
Firstly

Can anybody vouch for the long term quality of this boot 101487 - TAN COUNTRY CALF http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4080 ?

Can it take the beating of slush, long city walks in rain and occasional country outings with mud and pebbles as surface?

Secondly

Regarding sizing I am normally a UK 10 G or a US 11 E or EU 45 (or more precisely 44 2/3) - however Meermin size conversion is a bit different. Which size do you reckon I should pick for the Rui last?

Last edited:

konda

Reaction score
What do you suggest E width in 348 resembles in cm? And analogous for Olfe? I.e. are E width meant for feet <10 cm in width? Or is it the girth of ball, girth of ankle that play the most important roles in estimating? I hope the questions make any sense.
You know I think I misunderstood. I was referring to US E width and you meant E in the UK scale I think? If you are an E in the UK scale, then the Olfe should fit you perfectly.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the exact same pair on order.

I think the colour in these photos look nothing like the colour depicted on Meermins website. Did you find this was the case, or is it just your camera? im tempted to cancel my order now - they still look great but not the colour i thought i was originally going to get.

Thanks for uploading the pics.

I think it's a mix, it's definitely a snuff color though

Here are a few from their Instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/cWYFoBJc7L/
http://instagram.com/p/cWYtfhpc75/

Dillardiv

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinions on tassel loafers in brown calf vs dark brown suede vs snuff suede? Can't decide which I want to buy. I already own a pair of dark brown bit loafers, so I'm leaning to dark brown suede. Thoughts?

konda

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinions on tassel loafers in brown calf vs dark brown suede vs snuff suede? Can't decide which I want to buy. I already own a pair of dark brown bit loafers, so I'm leaning to dark brown suede. Thoughts?
For versatility you take suede. And a man needs both darker and lighter brown suede loafers so take both.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered on 8/24/13 and still no updates. I am getting impatient surprisingly. Want my shoes nowww :eek:

Rankiz

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with the sole being very curved and not comfortable? I have used mine over half a year, but it doesn't seem to get any straighter.

Wynyo

Reaction score
Anyone interested to organize a shell Cordovan MTO ? I'm short of shell cordovan shoes in my wardrobe, looking forward to having a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads