• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

'
"F...." the overseas comment. Don't be such an anglo-franco-espania phobe! this is now a world demand economy and badly as things are, all those who trash Meermin, have to realize that you are of such a minority, as most have great email- contact, communication that yours is a minority. You sound like a goup of whiny dandy's, all of who take your style points from GQ or Esq, etc... The simple fact that the double monk is the salivating topic du jour ( for the last 3 yrs) tells me you are demanding, I want it now whiners!!!! The double monk was John Lobb's staple for decades; yet now it is a preoccupation. AAAC may have it right in that those SF crybabies are simple lemmings who have no innate understanding of style, order overseas, and demand service you alone expect. Most never have a fricking problem with Luisa and Pepe and Jose.

settle down little man

enofile

Reaction score
[SIZE]4[/SIZE] I am in the midst of ordering from Meermin's Linea Maestro, style 10165 which they now have in a Burgundy color. However, I can't decide between the black and the burgundy. Even though this style may not cater to your particular sense of taste,( I tend to be "outside the box," and enjoy being different while trying not to be tacky) which of the two colors appeal? I think it is a beautiful shoe in both colors and enjoy the excitement of ordering from overseas. Thanks much.

bespoken4me

Reaction score
That normally makes me laugh. You , Quadcammer, of the size 38? should think twice. I have followed SF for years, and only recently , little man- literally, have declined postings. There is a bit too much crying over Meermin and Carmina, Vass etc... Most postings are from those who had no idea what an Oxxford vs. Kiton really meant growing up. I had to jump in, Quad- as you truly are the "little man"- no I mean that, you at that size, are the "little man" aren't you?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're Spanish - they aren't as preoccupied with getting things done 'quickly' or 'on time' as Americans.

Perhaps you haven't visited the Ambrosi threak... Americans? If you want things done quickly, go to the Chinese.

It's all in the money...
Easy way out: cancel, get refund, buy Alden or BB
Why did you go overseas in the first place?
puzzled.gif

BB is made overseas.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That normally makes me laugh. You , Quadcammer, of the size 38? should think twice. I have followed SF for years, and only recently , little man- literally, have declined postings. There is a bit too much crying over Meermin and Carmina, Vass etc... Most postings are from those who had no idea what an Oxxford vs. Kiton really meant growing up. I had to jump in, Quad- as you truly are the "little man"- no I mean that, you at that size, are the "little man" aren't you?

oooo, tough guy. You gonna offer to fight me now?

bespoken4me

Reaction score
oooo, tough guy. You gonna offer to fight me now?

C'mon quadcammer, don't show weakness, or fragility. You have good insight, are sometimes intelligently "aware", but please, don't walk into an easy riposte. Too often you show a meandering love affair with American shoe makers, and can't help but feel that you show the "markings" of a newbie, nothwithstanding the volume of postings, most of which seem to be curmudgeonly, know it all, ad homs. I'm guessing you are a 35 ish, never had an innate sense of style, learned much of what you know throgh this site, and live through it. It is ok, My opinions are simply based on having been weaned on Alden from the age of 16- I know of no greater hyperbolistic boasting of AE and Alden than from those on this site. You, as a seemingly simple "mimic", post as though you really understand that upon which you opine. C'mon, 38'er, we both know you grew up with Walkovers, Bass weejuns and the like. You graduated to "platypus" style Boss shoes, or any others found in Dillard's You are an easy mark, but enjoy it. Lighten up, Junior

bespoken4me

Reaction score

C'mon quadcammer, don't show weakness, or fragility. You have good insight, are sometimes intelligently "aware", but please, don't walk into an easy riposte. Too often you show a meandering love affair with American shoe makers, and can't help but feel that you show the "markings" of a newbie, nothwithstanding the volume of postings, most of which seem to be curmudgeonly, know it all, ad homs. I'm guessing you are a 35 ish, never had an innate sense of style, learned much of what you know throgh this site, and live through it. It is ok, My opinions are simply based on having been weaned on Alden from the age of 16- I know of no greater hyperbolistic boasting of AE and Alden than from those on this site. You, as a seemingly simple "mimic", post as though you really understand that upon which you opine. C'mon, 38'er, we both know you grew up with Walkovers, Bass weejuns and the like. You graduated to "platypus" style Boss shoes, or any others found in Dillard's You are an easy mark, but enjoy it. Lighten up, Junior

And before you reply Quadcammer- take a deep breathe and say to yourself " thiis guy knows me, I was a lowly department store shopper til SF opened my eyes. He's right, I shouldn't have been so caustic. I was from tthe darkened land of ignorance and shame, SF showed me the way, and I have no right repaying that gift of knowledge and enlightenment, with a disparaging statement to another brother of the Forum. I find you a great man of style, wisdom, and a follower with many, many insights, Sorry Todd"
With regret and admiration,
Quadcammer

No need Quadcammer, in my book you are a 44 long, with size 13D shoes

Cain

Reaction score
Gentlemen....lets not turn this thread into personal quarrels. This is one of my favorite threads and have been following since the beginning and would like to keep it that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads