• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys just a reminder that due to daylight savings time, auctions end an hour later than usual, so 6:30pm EST tonight!

And dont forget to check out our AuctionNinja listings (you wont find much menswear there but there could be some cool stuff you want) including a newly listed auction on exclusively home goods if you are on/near LI.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys just a reminder tonight is the last Daylight Savings Time affected week so auctions end an hour later at 6:30pm EST.... there is some serious, serious fire going out the door tomorrow, hope its to you!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I got one of Bruce's jackets last time so I am definitely looking at a couple items.

But here's the minor twist. I got this boy (no longer listed on ebay but I saved the deets): "The Bruce Boyer Collection : Cheo Bespoke Brn Flecked Tick Weave Tweed Jacket #1"

Your measurements vs mine:

Tweed jacket listed (measured by me) Pit to pit 20.5 (20.5) Sleeves from shoulder seam 24 (22.25) Shoulder seams across front 15.5 (16.25) Across Waist 19.5 (19.5) Length from collar 30 (29.75)

Two of the items I am looking at are listed as follows:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364185164397 Pit to pit 21 Sleeves from shoulder seam 24 Shoulder seams across front 16.75 Across Waist 19.75 Length from collar 29.5

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364185164224 Jacket Pit to pit 20 Sleeves from shoulder seam 24 Shoulder seams across front 16.5 Across Waist 19 Length from collar 29.5

It looks like Bruce's jackets match up much closer to my measurements of the jacket I got in November - notably, the shoulders being ~16.25-16.75. But your measurements still put the sleeves at 24 inches. Given that these are working cuffs, it's basically not worth it for me to buy a jacket and get sleeves shortened ~2 inches at the shoulder, because of the cost (and risk.) But if they are in fact closer to 22 inches than 24 ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ surely his jackets would all have sleeves that end at around the same place down his arms? I could put in some serious bids with the assumption that it'll work out, but it'll be a big annoyance for me to send 'em right back to you if your measurements are 100% correct and my assumption is wrong. :p

I feel like this comment should have a photo attached of the previous jacket's sleeves next to a measuring tape to prove I'm not a crazy person. mumbles to self

Editing to sound a bit less crazy. The jacket referenced is at the tailor's shop getting a bit narrower to fit me better, hence no photo. Anyways. My three bespoke jackets have the following sleeve length measurements: 22.25, 22.5, 22. They fit great. Well balanced against the shirts (from the same tailor.) The tweed jacket also fits great in terms of sleeve length, perfectly with no need to change it. And measures the same, 22.25. On the flip side, jackets I've got (from LuxeSwap) marked 24" or 25" were always obviously 2-3" too long and needed tailoring -- except Bruce's jacket that I got, lucky me!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads