• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Wow. Those prices mean at least two people think it's worth it. Even if those fit me perfectly, those prices would be far out of my league for, as you said, someone else's stuff. But hey, more power to em.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
Is menswear back? View attachment 1890087
But seriously. What am I missing? Dropping a grand on someone else’s bespoke suits seems nuts.
I figured it out!

"At the moment, LuxeSwap is auctioning off things from the wardrobe of Baron Von Klenk Clifford, who was featured in one of Slim Aaron’s photobooks about high society. In the image, the Baron is wearing an apple green-colored sport coat with a pair of fuchsia pants and some black slip-ons. A chiffon neckerchief dangles from his neck.

LuxeSwap’s auctions include a bunch of Savile Row tailoring, including some pieces once owned by the Baron. These garments were made by the “big three” on the Golden Mile—Huntsman, Henry Poole, and Anderson & Sheppard. It should be noted that there’s a lot of debate nowadays about whether current Savile Row tailoring is as good as it was during the Golden Age of classic men’s style. Either way, these garments were likely made during the zenith of British tailoring. Remember that bespoke garments are made with more inlay than ready-to-wear, which will give you more flexibility in terms of alterations."

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured it out!

"At the moment, LuxeSwap is auctioning off things from the wardrobe of Baron Von Klenk Clifford, who was featured in one of Slim Aaron’s photobooks about high society. In the image, the Baron is wearing an apple green-colored sport coat with a pair of fuchsia pants and some black slip-ons. A chiffon neckerchief dangles from his neck.

LuxeSwap’s auctions include a bunch of Savile Row tailoring, including some pieces once owned by the Baron. These garments were made by the “big three” on the Golden Mile—Huntsman, Henry Poole, and Anderson & Sheppard. It should be noted that there’s a lot of debate nowadays about whether current Savile Row tailoring is as good as it was during the Golden Age of classic men’s style. Either way, these garments were likely made during the zenith of British tailoring. Remember that bespoke garments are made with more inlay than ready-to-wear, which will give you more flexibility in terms of alterations."

It was a different customer, not Baron Van Klenk. And it wasn’t B. Boyer either.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baron Krauss von Espy?

1675983997174.png

Attachments

• 1675983867556.png
    1675983867556.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 135

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hot lunch date with the wifey, no kids and employees allowed?

Or maybe taking a well-deserved and uninterrupted nap in the middle of the day?

Dang all of those sound great....

go ahead IG sleuths, let em know!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping my mouth shut and my bidding finger limber
Okay, I’m traveling. What’s coming up that is in my size, spectacular, and no one else will bid on?

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I must be blind, because I don't see it.

I do see the orange floral jacket already at $125, which reminds me how I don't understand what gets bid up, when, and why. Maybe the jacket made me blind and now I can't see Boyer round 2?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777