• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior’s men’s shop Philadelphia

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't yet due to the pandemic, I have had a friend do a MTM tweed jacket with Glenn and said it turned out great!

I don't believe there is a B&M shop, so Glenn wound up traveling to my buddy (in phlly proper) for the fitting. I've chatted back and forth with him over instagram and he's super nice and responsive

Last edited:

birdlives80

Reaction score
Cool, waiting to feel safe re Covid, would be great to have a local good shop, it’s a great city but the clothing options are dismal

BPL Esq

Reaction score
I may give them a shot before too long. I'm curious about the sport coats. The announcement says they want to specialize in American and European tailoring, and their MTO shirt page says MiUSA while the MTO sport coat info is silent or at least a bit fuzzy on that point. I wonder who is making them.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may give them a shot before too long. I'm curious about the sport coats. The announcement says they want to specialize in American and European tailoring, and their MTO shirt page says MiUSA while the MTO sport coat info is silent or at least a bit fuzzy on that point. I wonder who is making them.

almost positive their jackets are made by H. Freeman in MD

adschus

Reaction score
I bought a Junior's Marling & Evans brown wool/linen jacket that will be ready to pickup from the tailor this week.

Everything I've bought from Glenn, Junior's owner, has been top notch. Multiple trousers, many MTM shirts, socks, sweaters, Alden shoes, and the jacket. Junior's has been a breath of fresh air for me outside of J. Press and Brooks Bros. Glenn is super friendly, patient, and cares about the details. Check out the product descriptions on his page for proof.

Ask away if you have any questions on his offerings and my experience with the many many MTM items I've bought from him.

BPL Esq

Reaction score
I bought a Junior's Marling & Evans brown wool/linen jacket that will be ready to pickup from the tailor this week.

Everything I've bought from Glenn, Junior's owner, has been top notch. Multiple trousers, many MTM shirts, socks, sweaters, Alden shoes, and the jacket. Junior's has been a breath of fresh air for me outside of J. Press and Brooks Bros. Glenn is super friendly, patient, and cares about the details. Check out the product descriptions on his page for proof.

Ask away if you have any questions on his offerings and my experience with the many many MTM items I've bought from him.

How do you feel about the jacket quality (understanding this is included in the 'top notch' review and that the fabric is a known quantity)?

adschus

Reaction score
How do you feel about the jacket quality (understanding this is included in the 'top notch' review and that the fabric is a known quantity)?

Jacket quality is great so far - Again, I have to pick up from the tailor. The jacket came unfinished (expected and was communicated as such). I sent Glenn a jacket that fit me really well and he used that as the substitute for an in-person measuring. I live in Chicago area and wasn't ready to hop on a plane but Glenn understood the details that I wanted in the jacket and made in USA is important to me. The jacket sleeves needed to be tapered but that was a minor adjustment IMO. Body, sleeve length, shoulders, full length - perfect.

Regarding fabric selection - I sent Glenn an IG msg stating that I liked a brown jacket that I saw and that spurred the conversation. From ideation to purchase it was ~10 business days, and that includes the time for me to ship my existing jacket to Glenn and UPS to deliver.

adschus

Reaction score
Bought a Brown Uni stripe OCBD yesterday from Glenn. I’ve never seen brown before. Checked the trad shops - J Press, Mercer, OConnells and nothing. Not even Drakes with their rainbow of colors has brown. Figured it’s worth mentioning here if someone wants to collect them all.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glenn made a trip to DC September for MTM fittings. I got measured for a sportcoat and a few shirts. For the sportcoat, I picked a Moon Shetland tweed in a nice green. Shirts were mix of OCBDs and spread collared shirts.

I also picked up this amazing chunky turtleneck:

Glenn came back this week for final fitting, and the sportcoat and shirts turned out great. Sportcoat will go back to Philly with Glenn for surgeon cuffs (he wanted to wait on the first order to ensure we had the sleeves right before cutting holes)

I'll try to get some fit pics, when I receive the final product back from Glenn.

Overall I would echo what's already been stated, Glenn is great to chat with, low key, methodical, and has a great eye (fabrics, colors, patterns etc) I would recommend.

Anyone have fit pics of tailoring from Juniors?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glenn made a trip to DC September for MTM fittings. I got measured for a sportcoat and a few shirts. For the sportcoat, I picked a Moon Shetland tweed in a nice green. Shirts were mix of OCBDs and spread collared shirts.

I also picked up this amazing chunky turtleneck:

Glenn came back this week for final fitting, and the sportcoat and shirts turned out great. Sportcoat will go back to Philly with Glenn for surgeon cuffs (he wanted to wait on the first order to ensure we had the sleeves right before cutting holes)

I'll try to get some fit pics, when I receive the final product back from Glenn.

Overall I would echo what's already been stated, Glenn is great to chat with, low key, methodical, and has a great eye (fabrics, colors, patterns etc) I would recommend.

Anyone have fit pics of tailoring from Juniors?

have a couple of shirts and a pair of RTW trousers and love them…interested to see/hear more about your jacket? I know it’s early, but how did it feel compared to your Armoury pieces?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads