• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior’s men’s shop Philadelphia

adschus

Reaction score
Thoughts on the suit? Would you do it again? same fabric?

Would love to see a better pic of the suit.

I'm headed that way on Friday for a visit, not that the b&m shop is open... debating my next commission,

wanted to follow up with detailed photos of the jacket only. Needs some hand washing on the lapel that my eyesight couldn’t pick up naturally haha, please excuse that

7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

ninzer33

Reaction score
This past weekend I took the train down to Philly for my first fitting for my first ever MTM suit. I really liked the Junior's style and felt the price point was fair when comparing with other makers. I went with a bog standard dark gray two piece suit. Swapped the patch pockets for flap pockets and added side tabs on the waistband, no belt loops.

The shop is great, a very nice space to be in and Glenn was excellent. He answered all my questions very patiently and without making me feel like an idiot (which I often am). My first couple of choices for fabric unfortunately weren't available, but after combing through some more swatch books we found one I liked and that was available.

I am very excited to see the first iteration of the final product in a couple weeks and I'll definitely follow up here with photos and first impressions.

zranger102797

Reaction score
This past weekend I took the train down to Philly for my first fitting for my first ever MTM suit. I really liked the Junior's style and felt the price point was fair when comparing with other makers. I went with a bog standard dark gray two piece suit. Swapped the patch pockets for flap pockets and added side tabs on the waistband, no belt loops.

The shop is great, a very nice space to be in and Glenn was excellent. He answered all my questions very patiently and without making me feel like an idiot (which I often am). My first couple of choices for fabric unfortunately weren't available, but after combing through some more swatch books we found one I liked and that was available.

I am very excited to see the first iteration of the final product in a couple weeks and I'll definitely follow up here with photos and first impressions.
This is really encouraging. I’m going to Philly in January for a fitting for my first suit - a classic navy in a year-round weight, probably Holland and Sherry. Been corresponding with Glenn by email and his shop seems like one of the best MTM values on the market right now. Can’t wait!

Professor_3

Reaction score
This is really encouraging. I’m going to Philly in January for a fitting for my first suit - a classic navy in a year-round weight, probably Holland and Sherry. Been corresponding with Glenn by email and his shop seems like one of the best MTM values on the market right now. Can’t wait!
Please keep us posted. I’ve been communicating with Glenn as well and plan to head up to Philly from DC in the new year.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered a 3 patch pocket sport coat from Glenn? If so, would you mind sharing some pictures?

The placement of the welted breast pocket always seems a bit low to me and am curious if this translates over to a patch breast pocket...

adschus

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered a 3 patch pocket sport coat from Glenn? If so, would you mind sharing some pictures?

The placement of the welted breast pocket always seems a bit low to me and am curious if this translates over to a patch breast pocket...

Unfortunately I haven’t. I don’t think that’s part of Glenn’s house style fwiw. I’m trying to think if I’ve seen one on his IG but nothing comes to mind. It’s worth it to contact him

Samir

Reaction score
Ordered a navy Fresco suit yesterday. Glenn gave a lot of good advice in helping pick the details. Excited to see how it turns out!

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the RTW cotton canvas trousers and can comment on the rise. I am thinking of picking up a 32” and read the rise is 9.75” which does not really sound like a high rise to me. I actually don’t mind the low rise but was just wondering

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought the RTW cotton canvas trousers and can comment on the rise. I am thinking of picking up a 32” and read the rise is 9.75” which does not really sound like a high rise to me. I actually don’t mind the low rise but was just wondering

I recently got 2 pairs of the cotton canvas and feel like the rise is fairly high, I can wear them at my true hips.

I think sometimes diff brands measure differently (I wonder if the 9.75 is laying flat vs from the middle of the crotch)

Last edited:

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I recently got 2 pairs of the cotton canvas and feel like the rose is fairly high, I can wear them at my true hips.

I think sometimes diff brands measure differently (I wonder if the 9.75 is laying flat vs from the middle of the crotch)
Nice how are you liking them? Would you say the waist measurements are accurate, I wanted to order a 30 and 32 to try both. I ordered their cotton navy short sleeve polo today. I really like glen’s style I think he has something cool going on with his brand.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice how are you liking them? Would you say the waist measurements are accurate, I wanted to order a 30 and 32 to try both. I ordered their cotton navy short sleeve polo today. I really like glen’s style I think he has something cool going on with his brand.

I dig them! They’ve been my go-to for the office during summer when things are a bit more casual. Definitely not as heavy as I had assumed earlier. I’ll prob get 1-2 more to round out the colors for next summer.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
So I bought a 32 ecru and 30 loden to try out and they are a midweight canvas, feels like quality stuff. I kept the 32 ecru color. The rise is NOT high rise, it really was 9.75”. I also tried in their navy crepe polos in large and medium and I would say they are a tiny bit under tts. They are also really nice and good price for made in Italy. Probably going to pick up the 32 Loden.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads