• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior’s men’s shop Philadelphia

adschus

Reaction score
9A007B61-1039-46D4-8443-7D162211B287.jpeg

Heres a few RTW items. Natural trousers and the Shetland In Oyster from this year. OCBD from Drakes.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the canvas trousers they offer, but was disappointed by the rise measurement. For a 36” waist the rise is listed under 11”. Weird bc the description says “proper rise” and they look more high rise on the model. Wondering if there is any chance the measurements in the description are not correct?
Call them and ask a sales person, or tailor to measure them.
Specify if you want the waist band included in the measurement.
I do this all the time when buying from websites of retailers, because
I require a shorter rise.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Sometimes rise measurements do not include the waistband so it is worth checking if this is the reason.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1729769
Heres a few RTW items. Natural trousers and the Shetland In Oyster from this year. OCBD from Drakes.

These look great. Might jump on the natural canvas

Sometimes rise measurements do not include the waistband so it is worth checking if this is the reason.

Agreed, email Glenn ([email protected]) and I’m sure he’ll give you accurate rise measurements

PDandG

Reaction score
Does anyone has the wallet? https://www.shopjuniors.com/collections/extras/products/brown-goatskin-slide-wallet

It looks quite nice, but I've never seen this sort of pull-ribbon design before (reminds me a bit of cigar boxes), and I'm wonderin ghow well it works out long-term. Seems like it might limit the amount that can be fit inside?

I haven't tried it, but I have seen it in person being used by a friend. It holds the basics, cards and some folded cash. Probably won't be best if you carry a Costanza Wallet. BONUS: The maker of that wallet is an SF poster that makes some amazing looking leather goods.

adschus

Reaction score
The navy work jacket arrived today and it’s an instant classic. Wearing it now - still haven’t taken the tags off. Nice weight too - prob 8-9 oz. Imagine it will fade nice over time too

I’m a 52 in jackets but the 50 fit perfect. Definitely check out the measurements before buying or send Glenn a note.

Ill post a photo soon-ish. I’m bad at doing that

adschus

Reaction score
All Juniors today minus the socks and slippers.
  • OCBD - MTM. This was prob one of my first Juniors purchases. Has held up super well in the wash and has softened over time, exactly what you would expect
  • Work jacket - loved this thing at first sight and feelings havent changed. I wear this thing everyday it feels. VERY versatile- can’t emphasize that enough. Has a great weight to it and fits under a Barbour or a heavier jacket easily if needed. Love the collar size and proportions - Glenn did a good job with that. If navy isn’t your thing, he has a slew of other color options. This is cotton but has linen too. In fact, I have a navy linen one arriving shor
  • Trousers - MTM. These are so so good. Love the color and the weight of the cotton on these are on the heavier side so falls well imo. It took some time to get my size dialed in. I’m looking now to add a few other pairs within the same cloth collection now.

4E6BC937-F930-4C72-A414-81C0707B6441.jpeg

Last edited:

adschus

Reaction score
I believe I mentioned a jacket I had on order earlier in this thread. Anyways, it arrived earlier this week and Glenn shot over a photo a few hours ago. Looks spectacular! Told him it beat my expectations. I fell in love with the digital swatch on Fox's website and the finished product surely doesn't disappoint. Can't wait to receive it. I love the teal check. This is the first 'fun' jacket I own. Glenn styled it beautifully here, too.

Here is the exact cloth for those interested. Ideal summer weight, too, exactly what I wanted.

jacket.jpg

adschus

Reaction score
Visited Junior's (and Philly) this weekend and had to wear one of the first Junior's MTM tailoring purchases I made mid-last year.

Details: Junior's poplin suit, reads 'dusty' or grey blue. Junior's MTM blue and pink-striped broadcloth button-down shirt with navy knit tie from The Armoury. Alden Snuff suede tassels.

IMG_6043.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited Junior's (and Philly) this weekend and had to wear one of the first Junior's MTM tailoring purchases I made mid-last year.

Details: Junior's poplin suit, reads 'dusty' or grey blue. Junior's MTM blue and pink-striped broadcloth button-down shirt with navy knit tie from The Armoury. Alden Snuff suede tassels.

View attachment 1824661

Thoughts on the suit? Would you do it again? same fabric?

Would love to see a better pic of the suit.

I'm headed that way on Friday for a visit, not that the b&m shop is open... debating my next commission,

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1824661

did you swing by the opening party?!

adschus

Reaction score
Thoughts on the suit? Would you do it again? same fabric?

Would love to see a better pic of the suit.

I'm headed that way on Friday for a visit, not that the b&m shop is open... debating my next commission,

While it’s not my go-to suit since it’s very casual, it does serve a cool place in my wardrobe. For example, casual dinners with my wife - we went to Parc. I wore the jacket only to work last week and while that was dressed up compared to the people I work with, I prob wouldn’t just wear the jacket alone again - would opt for something in wool - in love with the Fox Bros jacket i

I wanna say the fabric is Brisbane Moss, lighter weight. Definitely less than 10 oz. I can ask Glenn for the specifics if you’re interested.

one thing that I know now is that a cotton suit doesn’t stretch with you as much as wool or linen does. On my long list of wants is a tan poplin suit. I’d keep that lack of stretch in mind for that one. I will send a better pic of the suit tomorrow with closeups. Sorry, I don’t have another one of me in it.

Sweet! Enjoy the visit. Let us know what you end of snagging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads