• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ..they're called long-distance relationships.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
For a year and 3 months? Just asking for trouble.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
For a year and 3 months? Just asking for trouble.

Guess she wasn't worth it then.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess she wasn't worth it then.

Not sure about being worth it - more like, it seems like a good way to really resent each other. She'll be back eventually, and if things are the same, we can pick up again. I considered long distance, but it just seems like a good way to get bored of someone, and I'd rather have the pain up front than break up for a stupid reason like that.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sometimes for 4 1/2 years...

How often could you see her over the 4 1/2 years? This would be long distance from the UK - Russia (i.e., no visiting the whole time).

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score

they don't work. you would know that if you had ever been in a relationship.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
smile.gif

They can work sometimes, Shell. They just come to an end like everything else does, and you're left cold and alone.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
smile.gif

I did a around ten months of long distance with my wife while we were still dating. It worked out ok in the end.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Who has sex when they're on there period to begin with? I don't want blood everywhere, it sounds disgusting.

try it, it's only a bit of blood. a little smelly too, but it's all good. just don't do missionary, and make sure your pubes are well trimmed.

Originally Posted by pfurey
shower sex is terrible. water is a lousy lubricant.

that's why you use lube...
standing from behind in the shower is awesome.

Originally Posted by APK
How is it possible to not know who the close friends are of a girl you were in a lengthy, committed relationship with?
facepalm.gif

yeah i really don't get it ay. Crazy ***** is crazy and all, but it sounds like fuji a)still hasn't cut contact and b) is ******* with her a bit.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

Does this mean you're dumping me?!?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just broke up with my gf because she's doing a year abroad program and she's working abroad this summer as well. Makes me feel pretty terrible, really, have never liked anyone this much before. Oh well.
frown.gif

You did the absolute right thing. Plus, she'll get over it easier by the sheer excitement of being in a foreign land. It's so important be brave enough to admit when things aren't going to turn out - painful, yet confident in knowing that the future will hold even more rewarding experiences and relationships.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about being worth it - more like, it seems like a good way to really resent each other. She'll be back eventually, and if things are the same, we can pick up again. I considered long distance, but it just seems like a good way to get bored of someone, and I'd rather have the pain up front than break up for a stupid reason like that.
Good bull. My GF and I are going to have to go through that if we're still together in January. Doesn't sound pleasant.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We decided to email each other once a month, and if we end up feeling the same later, she'll visit me around Christmas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads