• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF 2013/2014 Yahoo! Fantasy B-Ball League

Interested?

• yes, im going to win this

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • no, silly idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe, depends on whether lamar odom can sign with a team so I can draft him with the #1 pick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@idfnl

You like apples?

Unless Davis sits and Ibaka has an off night, you have this won 5-4. A 4 block advantage doesn't seem insurmountable but your 2 best shot blockers are on tonight. Ibaka has only had a handful of games without a block all season.

Having Westbrook sit really hurt. He gets steals every game. I needed at least another competitive category going into tonight to win. I don't see how I can overcome your 6 steal advantage. You can thank Hawes for the win. His 6 steals the other night did it, I always had a much better chance with steals than blocks.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stfu quit complaining - this **** happens to all of us. half of your posts here read like the world is against you: "if only he played"... "you got lucky because your player"... "if only my player didnt suck". its a long season. it never comes down to 1 player. you missed games and so have I (Davis, Lowry - both 1st rounders, not to mention Kyrie who blew the **** up). who gives a **** about westbrook? even when he does play he is only a mid-round value (i have him in another league). you had a great season and could have made this week easier by picking up Kyrie (74 points 10 steals this week), OR Hawes (6 steals one game), OR Waiters (3 blocks last game), etc. You did little to help your chances

You could have closed the blocks gap - after wednesday - by cleaning house of all your popcorn stat big men and gone for shot blockers. Instead now you are up 50 brds, but down 5 blcks which is nothing over the course a long week. come on man, at the end of the day, i feel like you grew overly attached to your players and when the opportunity to upgrade presented itself, you didnt take advantage.

i remember during the draft - after i drafted both davis and ibaka - someone commented how i had blocks all wrapped up; that was prophetic

**** you still might win today but you didnt help yourself

edit - im ready for this season to end its too long. i wish yahoo allowed for a shorter season

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea i made that comment on blks. It's always hard figuring out when to cut the cord with players that carried you to where you are but then knowing you gotta do what it takes to win.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

stfu quit complaining - this **** happens to all of us. half of your posts here read like the world is against you: "if only he played"... "you got lucky because your player"... "if only my player didnt suck". its a long season. it never comes down to 1 player. you missed games and so have I (Davis, Lowry - both 1st rounders, not to mention Kyrie who blew the **** up). who gives a **** about westbrook? even when he does play he is only a mid-round value (i have him in another league). you had a great season and could have made this week easier by picking up Kyrie (74 points 10 steals this week), OR Hawes (6 steals one game), OR Waiters (3 blocks last game), etc. You did little to help your chances

You could have closed the blocks gap - after wednesday - by cleaning house of all your popcorn stat big men and gone for shot blockers. Instead now you are up 50 brds, but down 5 blcks which is nothing over the course a long week. come on man, at the end of the day, i feel like you grew overly attached to your players and when the opportunity to upgrade presented itself, you didnt take advantage.

i remember during the draft - after i drafted both davis and ibaka - someone commented how i had blocks all wrapped up; that was prophetic

**** you still might win today but you didnt help yourself

edit - im ready for this season to end its too long. i wish yahoo allowed for a shorter season

I'm not complaining about anything, just analyzing. I only have 1 decision that I 2nd guess.

I wouldn't be ahead in points if I'd have dropped Randolph. I dropped David Lee last Sunday. The mistake I made was not dropping Deng... actually he should have gone a month ago. I did have openings to pickup different guys but I was battling Mikey last week and FG% was the key stat, not blocks. With the crazy week's schedule we've had this week, there were not many guys that could have helped me much. If I had not held onto Deng I would have had an easier time last week.

My target was always steals, that's why I went for Livingston who didn't deliver any last night.

I still have a chance, but its pretty likely I'm already done. Its half time and my main shot blocked needs to have more than 2.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That was me! I think

Anthony Davis easily top 3 pick next season

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anthony davis is a top 3 (when healthy.......)

speaking of blocks deandre coming up the rear with 3 4 blocks! :bounce2: damnit

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

anthony davis is a top 3 (when healthy.......)

speaking of blocks deandre coming up the rear with 3 4 blocks! :bounce2: damnit

2 more DeAndre... gimme a chance baby.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have 2 garbage time players in another league - young and collison - so im enjoying this beatdown thoroughly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads