• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Live Draft: 12/18 @ 4:30pst NBA Yahoo Fantasy Basketball League 2011 - 2012

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That makes 9? One more? NAMOR commissioner?

I can be commissioner if you all agree. More importantly, everyone needs to send in their money. Im in the SF fantasy football league (first place, btw :D) and while everyone agreed to a buy-in, just a single person paid. Its irritating how difficult it is to collect money. If you want to play in this league, send $20 to:

rtrach at gmail.com via paypal gift.

Due date is 12/15. Include your SF name in the description. League Deets:

H2H, 10 team daily line-up changes.
Regular stats, 9 categories.
No fee for trades or pickups, however you only get two pick-ups/drops a week.
Regular snake draft.

Once everyone pays, I will forward you the league name and password. After money has been collected, I will paypal Steve B. (hope thats okay with you) all the funds so we can have segregation of duties.

Its a pain ********** to collect money for these leagues but in my experience, buy-in leagues are far more competitive so its worth it. Send in your money ASAP so we can get this league up and running.

Tentative Participants:

Paid and Spot Secured:

1) Mikey34
2) RFX45
3) __CB__
4) Steve B.
5) NAMOR
6) sexandcandy
7) ff4marvel
8) bibs
9) thats.mana
10) blog marley
11) jordansmith123
12) Mikey34's buddy

Once I have received your buy-in, ill update the paid list with your SF name

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fees for drops/trades?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never played in a league that charged for drops/trades. How does it work?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm in depending on how it's done. Don't like the weekly thing, but it's because I'm old and crusty and change averse. It might be fun...:)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never done the weekly thing either but I'm hoping to try it out this year. Reason being, fantasy ball usually consumes my free time because of the need to update rosters every day. It requires less skill and success is often in part a function of the repetitive cycle of adds/drops. My thinking is that when you have set weekly lineups, it involves more strategy which bball lacks when compared to football. And of course, this way you can have a life (or multiple successful teams) through the usually long season.

Again, just a thought. Im open to the daily setups as well

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

I've never done the weekly thing either but I'm hoping to try it out this year. Reason being, fantasy ball usually consumes my free time because of the need to update rosters every day. It requires less skill and success is often in part a function of the repetitive cycle of adds/drops. My thinking is that when you have set weekly lineups, it involves more strategy which bball lacks when compared to football. And of course, this way you can have a life (or multiple successful teams) through the usually long season.
Again, just a thought. Im open to the daily setups as well

fees for drops/trades?

Now that I think about it, I'd like the weekly.

And I didn't like the format we had last year. Way too many starting positions; HUGE roster sizes.

I've never paid $ for drops and trades but the idea is intriguing. Only problem is it'll be hard enough to get ppl to pay the 20.00.

We could also have an auction draft. Quite fun IMO. (You use fake money rather than real).

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Count me in.

Hopefully we get no more delays.

The back to back to back games will make this fantasy leagues crazy this year.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I believe that's 5. Should we post an announcement in the Laker thread?

Kobe, Pau, Mr. Kardashian, and Baby Bynum would all be chosen in the first 2 rounds and the rest of us could snatch up some GOOD players.

NOTE: I picked Kobe last year and he KILLED me.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hell yeah man, I think 12th, lost to the guy that never even changed his rotation, lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads