• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge: MC Does SW&D - YOUR WINNER ANNOUNCED

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Live and let die?
Ignorance is bliss?
I don't know if one's convictions, especially on aesthetic levels, survive here if they are not SF approved on some level.
There is a definite critical mass that ensues here... particular preferences end up accessorized.
Some distinguished looks are achieved if one is open to critique and can take the snark.

It depends on what you want to take from the experience. Do you want to say "**** you, this is what I wear, who I am, and I am not changing a god damn thing", or do you want to put it out there to the world that this is your general template and are malleable to any advice given. Thats the two distinct personalities I see on WAYWRN, and the best ones are the latter. Look at bleachboy for example.

There is a lot of groupthink, and while that may not permeate ones deep rooted preferences (i.e. I dont really like cuffs, but was receptive to some feedback and am slowly mixing them in my arsenal), it may help hone the unpolished stones out there. I look back at my early posts, just a year ago - and see the mistakes I made, and think I have made some improvements based upon some good advice. I still retain my personal style and who I am but with a more groupthinky edge
lol8[1].gif

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I don't disagree that most fits aren't really that great but like I said before, the picture waywt thread is not the thread that the regulars use at all. I mean no one even looks at that thread.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Yeah i found it. Even poasted in there ... lol.

Which thread is this?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Congrats, aeglus - well done!

EZ

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think AR_Six is going to combine those and his PM'd fits into one cross posted poal like this on Tuesday. Thats when their deadline ends.

edit - Im a dipshit, I thought you meant their SWD does MC threads.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
"**** you, this is what I wear, who I am, and I am not changing a god damn thing",...

...and think I have made some improvements based upon some good advice. I still retain my personal style and who I am but with a more groupthinky edge
lol8[1].gif

this is a good line, the latter not so much...
cheers.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If one has a strong enough affirmation in their particular preferences, they should not have to justify them, even on an aesthetic level.

Lots of people are confidently ignorant and inarticulate...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Lots of people are confidently ignorant and inarticulate...

Clever people always question their strong believes ,others think they're gospel...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratulations aeglus. Nice one. Looking forward to hearing your theme choice for next week!

I think AR_Six is going to combine those and his PM'd fits into one cross posted poal like this on Tuesday. Thats when their deadline ends.

edit - Im a dipshit, I thought you meant their SWD does MC threads.

FWIW, I'm looking forward to that, too.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Bringing this back to the difference between MC and SW&D, the root of a lot of the tension between some MC and SW&D posters seems to stem from neither group respecting the social currency of the other. "Coolness", which is valued by the posters in SW&D, is derided as childish and immature by MC posters, while signifiers of bourgeois success, which seem to be valued by a large contingent of MC posters, are mocked by some SW&D posters. The reactions of the MC posters are particularly acute, and numerous posts have insinuated that SW&D posters must either be financially dependent on others, have "creative jobs" (this seems to be a negative thing), or be otherwise unable to succeed in the milieu in which the MC poster works.

Yes! Exactly.

I love it when endless threads create nuggets of great analysis like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads