• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

unclesam099

Reaction score

unable to decide...
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
mike, will there be a long-shot of the fabric swatch of the napoli patterns? i find it hard to picture what it will look like without the pics that look like this:
Go back thru the thread, someone got that jacket. I think that fabric was offered last time around, too.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unable to decide...
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
mike, will there be a long-shot of the fabric swatch of the napoli patterns? i find it hard to picture what it will look like without the pics that look like this:
Think that jacket was part of the last round too maybe somebody has pictures? So many nice fabrics but most are a bit too heavyweight for me :freeze:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think that jacket was part of the last round too maybe somebody has pictures?

So many nice fabrics but most are a bit too heavyweight for me :freeze:

Same here....some of these are looking really really nice, but I'm afraid they might all be too heavy for my climate down here. I might be better off waiting until winter when they offer some lightweight options that would be delivered next spring.

I'm really digging the snuff micro-houndstooth - how warm would that actually wear IRL? Being in the Napoli fit with the 3/8 liner, maybe it's actually light enough to wear in Florida?

Last edited:

jimney

Reaction score
They all ready have a peak lapel double breasted blazer 'the Barrett ' and the LBM jacket is eggshell. They also do custom orders on that too that you can make in various fabrics.
I guess I missed that somehow. Thanks!

pekingman

Reaction score
hey Mike,

if the Marcello fit me well in a 40, should I go with a 38 for Southwick jackets?

Which Marcello did you get? As far as I recall they came out a bit different with regard to sizing, though they were all indeed on the slim side. I picked up the guncheck Marcello in a size 40 - and ordered a size 38 (long - but that shouldn't affect the chest/shoulder dimensions) in the previous round of FF jackets and am very happy with the fit. Now to decide what to get this time ready for winter ...

ascher07

Reaction score
Man, that Donegal is a sweet fabric! However, that sale you guys have been running cleared me out, and I don't know if I should...

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the 1" size increments work? Does it just increase the chest of the lower even size by a total of 1" (so .5" on the size chart)? I'm specifically wondering about the difference between the 37 and the 36.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which Marcello did you get? As far as I recall they came out a bit different with regard to sizing, though they were all indeed on the slim side. I picked up the guncheck Marcello in a size 40 - and ordered a size 38 (long - but that shouldn't affect the chest/shoulder dimensions) in the previous round of FF jackets and am very happy with the fit. Now to decide what to get this time ready for winter ...

I have the Linen Navy Glen Plaid Marcello. I'm guessing I'd probably go 38R if I did order an FF jacket then. Thank you Pekingman

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.

Last edited:

hypomnema

Reaction score
I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.

I'd go 39 mostly because these are fall/winter wear jackets and the coats you mentioned above are all spring summer. We wear less underneath in a Spring/summer coat and we tend to be slimmer during the warmer months from being outside and walking a bit more where in the fall and winter we tend to put on a few pounds.

I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.

I wouldn't wprry about anything showing with any of these fabrics. It generally is an issue with cotton, wool tends not to have this issue.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good point Rob. I often have a light merino sweater and dress shirt underneath as it gets in the colder months so 38 would get quite snug

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads